The master you always reach for?

docbungle

Mei Feng without a doubt. Up against shooting or casting crews 2 vent steams and  :-fate  :-fate to all attacks within :aura 4.

Paired with Emberling and Toshiro I have a mobile scrap marker placer and a summoner who can raise Komainu who are constructs that hand out burning.

Played last 2 tournaments (10 games) with her exclusively.

D.

I tend to reach for Misaki more often than not if I'm declaring Ten Thunders and wanting to try new things. This is mainly because Misaki does little to support her crew meaning new models being played must stand up on their own merit to be worth while. If I'm trying to see how far I can push a model's limitations I'll grab McCabe and start throwing Swords and Badges at things. 

Shenlong.  Because he's amazing.  Getting easy focus and defensive on models is not to be sniffed out.  Also lots of pushes from him and Sensei Yu as well as free interacts via Calm Air Thunderous Voice.

The only tricky bit is working out what styles to have on either of them at any one point.

Shenlong.  Because he's amazing.  Getting easy focus and defensive on models is not to be sniffed out.  Also lots of pushes from him and Sensei Yu as well as free interacts via Calm Air Thunderous Voice.

The only tricky bit is working out what styles to have on either of them at any one point.

Yeah he is mental...

Shenlong is nuts that's for sure, he can be a real pain to deal with but trying to adapt his fighting style to the situation at hand can be tricky and requires a bit of time to get used to. Sensei Yu is probably one of the best henchmen in the faction due to his versatility. 

Yup I second that, Mei Feng is the master I always reach for, but I find myself almost always taking Sensei Yu as the second model - even against ressers. Together, with their flexibility, utility and Vent Steam as the icing on the cake, I find it difficult to look past them both. Must....put....down...the...crutches......;)