Core seamus all the time

CreepingDeath

Having picked up two Seamus boxes recently I am thinking I will keep one for myself. The question is do you always have a core selection you'd never leave home without regardless of strats and schemes. Something like Seamus, CCK, Sybelle and 2 belles upgrades to taste. Say out of 50ss you spend 25 on a core

Are these core choices for theme or is it just something you know will work

Both. (They are also a great part of the small range of Resser models I own.) Seamus really works well with his Belles, and Sybelle works well with Belles, so its a good as well as thematic combo.

I don't usually run a specific core list with Seamus. One of his greatest strengths is the ability to function on his own without a ton of crew support. This allows him to pick and choose the best models for the job each game.

That being said some of my favorite models to bring with him. (outside of the crew box) are

Flesh Constructs

Necro punks 

Hanged

Core list for me:

Seamus w/ Sinister Rep, Redchapel Killah

Belles x 2

Sybelle Not 2 banged up/Bleeding Tongue

CCK

Extras (in order of priority):
Hanged

Canine Remains

Izamu/Rogue Necro

Yin

Jaakuna Ubume

Crooked Man

Drowned

Necropunk

Nurse

Depending on the strategy or scheme, I'll never hire Dead Doxies but they are great mid-game summons.

It completely depends on strats/schemes but I rarely leave home without at least one Belle and one Nurse (my group are just realizing how horrible that unimposing Nurse can actually be).  I don't tend to use CCK as I find he rarely gets any shots off (I guess late turn shots at low Df models could be worth it but I rarely get much mileage out of him.).  Sybelle tends to make most of my Seamus crews too as she can hit pretty hard and if you have Sinister Reputation on him then Shriek becomes and excellent ranged attack (plus he heals whenever somebody within 6" gets hit by it as well as when they fail a Lure).  My favourite recently has been taking a fear causing crew for Turf War consisting of Seamus, Sybelle, Yin and the Hanged.  They are all pretty durable and forces a lot of Terrifying check whilst the Hanged means multiples for most things in combat.  If you can get Gnawing Fear off from Yin (save a high card, it's worth it) then you can usually stop any big hitters risking a charge against you because they will almost certainly fail the Terrifying check.  Necropunks also make most of my crews as they are my favourite Resser scheme runner (they are simply fantastic for Deliver a Message too).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...