Waldgeist 2.0

madaxeman

Just undercoated three of these from the new box, and I've got a couple of questions for the forum 

1. What colour will they work best as do you reckon - they could be "green", or they could be "wood-coloured" ... and if so, potentially you could also stick foliage onto them, which could be neat, or could be really sad. I'm not sure on any of these...

2. These models are supposed to be picked up and played with as gaming pieces? Like, really...? That one on the left with what are literally twigs for feet ...? Come on - surely that model will struggle to survive being placed into a foam packing case without bits snapping off..?

Or am I being pessimistic.. ?

Waldgeist.JPG

I would actually go with a greyish-green and/ or greyish brown color dry brushes followed by a glaze of sepia to introduce some reddish-brown to the mix. With some clump foliage they should look suitably Ent-like.

Hmmm.. interesting. I guess I could try German Uniform Grey, as that's kinda my go-to grey/green colour...  

So far I've been taking mine around with them superglued to a base (Much easier to remove when I work out what insert they will go on). I've had twiggy feet become unattached a couple of times, but none of his twigs have snapped off.

I'm thinking I'll pin through the skull when I get its longterm base (unless its plastic)

In terms of helping to actually move them during play, I bought a bunch of 3mm thick MDF bases and glued them to the underside of all my bases. The extra thickness helps me actually pick them up by the base with my clumsy fat fingers.

Those guys should transport fine in your standard pluck foam tray.