SpiralngCadavr

Yeah, they are golden with her, specially since it lets you have Wp targetting attacks on a crew that tends to be a bunch of brawlers.

And with Tosh summoning them from Emberling scrap markers really helps the crew. Throw in a wastrel to heal the summoned model and you're golden

D.

• Like 1

I've only used Komainu because they're summons, which I like them as plenty, but the WP specificity is definitely good to remember.

I've been using Tengu to heal the summons (mostly because I like the theme hugely), but I could see Wastrels getting the job done, too.

(edit: Just added a real entry for them)

Don't forget that Vapormancy is a Ca  :melee action so can be used when charging! Just realised that myself a few weeks ago. Always great to discard Recalled Training before a super charge to really light the place up or at least put burning on models you are going to attack with :+fate  from the seismic claws.

D.

• Like 1

I think the hardest part of Mei for me is choosing upgrades...

I really like Seismic claws, Vapourmancy, Recalled Training & On Wings of Wind.  It's only going to get worse when the Avatar comes out as if it stays the same, I really like that too!

Which do you guys leave out & why?  If Wings is left out, then I also think Kamaitachi is a good totem for Mei.  It gives some very handy pushes. 

I'm also not a big fan of using the Emberling with Toshi... I feel it's a bit too card intensive & needs a lot of healling support.  I'd rather Toshi keep up to get te most out of his auras.  If I took this option then I think Wings is a must to keep him moving as well as either Chiaki, a wastrel or Tengus are needed for healling support.  Not worth it IMO, I prefer to use the summon from deaths (mine or enemy's) instead. 

• Like 1

Beginning to never leave home without the Emberling as he is a significant minion totem who can drop scraps for Mei to bounce on, can be used by Tosh for summoning and helps prevent burning from being removed.

Haven't used On Wings of Wind yet but will do. Misdirection is also nice but her built in Df :mask  trigger can be very helpful too.

D.

• Like 1

I love Seismic Claws and Vapormancy due to the action multiplication, and the new action certainly doesn't hurt. From there, it's really to flavor. With Mei's spells and DF trigger, I feel she's got enough mobility that you'd mostly need Wings for support- I like that it gives her a (0), but don't like paying the rest for something that isn't as efficient a boost as if I were to give it to a master who has no alternatives.

On Toshiro, I feel that using him as a summoner does tend to limit his attacks, but if I've summoned 2-3 models and used his various buffs a lot, I think I've gotten my points' worth. I want to experiment some more, but think he probably doesn't need the healing support, so the module may be a lot cheaper.

I feel she's got enough mobility that you'd mostly need Wings for support- I like that it gives her a (0), but don't like paying the rest for something that isn't as efficient a boost as if I were to give it to a master who has no alternatives.

Whilst you are definitely right in that she has plenty of mobility, never underestimate the usefulness of a free push *after everything else has moved*. To me it's strategically priceless as it gets her out of engagement ranges and it can be used put other models in engagement range to stop them laying markers or shooting at the start of the next turn.

On upgrades in general I most often take Misdirection, Wings definitely and then Seismic/Vapormancy depending on how I'm playing her and what I'm up against. If there are a lot of low def minions I'd definitely go with Seismic and if there are reasonably high def threats or I'm taking the golem I'll go Vapour. However, these are backup options as unless I'm against a lot of low def and I'm not taking many other hitters (golem, workers etc), I'll rarely go offensive with her.

I tend to use her as a support/frustration/scheme runner in that order, so Wings and Misdirection are my choice for that. Whilst Leap Aside is awesome, it requires a failed attack where as Misdirection just requires a mask. But both of them together give you a frustration sum greater than the parts... ;).

Over the weekend of the UKGT I used Mei in all 6 matches. I did have other 10T masters with me but either the strategy or my opponent's faction made me decide to use her in all games - had Lynch, Misaki and McCabe with me.

I never left home without Vapormancy and Recalled Training, throwing in Hard Worker or Seismic Claws depending on the crew I faced.

Most crews also had either 2 Tengu or Tengu/10Tbrothers in combination to act as scheme runners. Having the 10Tbrother act first walk and drop a marker before eagle style 3" away to allow Tengu to get jump points kept the 3 of them together.

Tosh was there for almost every game and used Willie for a distraction though with Tosh Willie was awesome in Melee - Sh6 with  :+fate for attacks in  :melee

But the star of the show was the Emberling with Fan the Flames 4 :mask  tactical action to inflict 2 damage on anything burning and prevent them removing burning at the end of the turn. He managed to kill Ophelia for assassinate and Dead Rider to stop him acting to kill Mei.

D.

• Like 2

Over the weekend of the UKGT I used Mei in all 6 matches. I did have other 10T masters with me but either the strategy or my opponent's faction made me decide to use her in all games - had Lynch, Misaki and McCabe with me.

I never left home without Vapormancy and Recalled Training, throwing in Hard Worker or Seismic Claws depending on the crew I faced.

Most crews also had either 2 Tengu or Tengu/10Tbrothers in combination to act as scheme runners. Having the 10Tbrother act first walk and drop a marker before eagle style 3" away to allow Tengu to get jump points kept the 3 of them together.

Tosh was there for almost every game and used Willie for a distraction though with Tosh Willie was awesome in Melee - Sh6 with  :+fate for attacks in  :melee

But the star of the show was the Emberling with Fan the Flames 4 :mask  tactical action to inflict 2 damage on anything burning and prevent them removing burning at the end of the turn. He managed to kill Ophelia for assassinate and Dead Rider to stop him acting to kill Mei.

D.

Tosh + Willie is a great idea. That's made me wonder about Tosh + Dawn Serpent.... for melee only nasty all the same

My Henchman hardcore I was thinking Kang + 2 Rail Workers + Dawn Serpent for  :+fate  for all attacks and damage against constructs and undead. With Ml7 on DS and Implacable Assault for  :+fate  :+fate  on attack and damage with Kang's aura it will be a tough crew. Added to that they ignore all Horror duels too!

D