Masters with different upgrades

Myyrä

One thread in the Guild sub-forum got to talking about best 1ss upgrades, which in itself is not all that interesting. However it got me thinking what would happen if masters could take any upgrades they wanted without any restrictions for factions or anything else. References to equipping model would be changed to match the model equipping the upgrade, but references to other characteristics, actions and abilities would remain as they are for simplicity's sake.

What is the most silly and overpowered combination you can think of?

I will lead with an example:

Seamus

Sinister Reputation (Seamus)(-2Wp aura)

The Piper (Hamelin)(Gives him Obey with built in :mask)

People's Challenge (Kang)(Gives him taunt)

This would allow him to Paralyze enemy models at will by obeying them to attack himself and failing terror duels. He would also heal pretty insane amounts of hp. Taunt is there mostly for lols.

Perdita

- Decaying Aura

- Trick Shooting

- Recalled Training/Imbued Energies = Dead Masters All Day Long! 

14" Shots with Critical Strike or  :+fate to Damage flips ignoring Armour & Incorporeal or Cover whilst also preventing SS use and if they are dumb enough to come close to her she will also deny them healing. Then for added insult to injury discard Recalled Training / Imbued Energies for extra filth in the form of  :+fate flips to everything or Fast. Can't think of much than can withstand that sort of punishment  :D

When you obey a model it becomes friendly to thatmodel, so you can't then attack yourself and fail a horror duel.

" Edit - I'm so used to this with Compell I just assumed it was the same with all obey  actions". Ignore.

Von Schill and Misaki both with 1 AP charges. 6 attacks a turn is not nice. Add in Oath keeper for an extra 2 attacks on 1 turn.

Recalled training probbaly maximises the death

When you obey a model it becomes friendly to thatmodel, so you can't then attack yourself and fail a horror duel.

He didn't mean have the Obeyed model attack himself. He means Have the Obeyed model attack Seamus to fail the Horror Duel. Also as mentioned by Soundwave the model never changes allegiance. 

Oh wow. You are an evil, evil little man.

Isn't that the point of this thread?  ;)

I've got another good one:

Shenlong

Promising Disciple

Badge of Office

and whatever

He can discard Badge of Office and immediately attach it again, which means he can't take more than 1 damage at a time. That last upgrade slot can be used to give him heal or recalled training to become near unkillable or murderous deathmachine.

There are just so many to have fun with!

Pandora

WP shenanigans Build.

-Sinister Reputation, Seamus (Enemies get -2 WP in aura 6)

-Justice Unleased, Lady Justice (Ca that causes TN 13 WP duals or 3 unreducable dg to spirits and undead within pulse6)

Plastic Surgury, McMourning (All enemies within aura3 are undead)

Not game breaking and you'd have to play her aggressively, but fun.

Or

-Sinister Reputation

-Can O' Beans, Som'er Teeth Jones (Pull My Finger! Non gremlins in aura2 take a WP15 dual or take 2 damage)

-Servant of 5 Dragons, Ten Thunders General Upgrade, (+1WP)

Again not game breaking, just wind breaking Pandora doing what she does best, with a Buyou twist. I can't get the idea of Pandora's Sinister Reputation when she has a Can O' Beans out of my head.

Control Build

-Knowledge of Eternity, Tara, (WP resist Ca that gives either Fast or Slow and 1dg)

-Dead of Winter, Tara (Enemy models with fast get -2 WP within aura6)

-The Piper, Hamelin (Suited Obey)

Just some great all around upgrades that would make any Master better:

-Wade In, Francisco (Gain Hard to Kill and a healing flip)

-

• Like 1

McMourning with Living Blade and The Trail of the Gods and Evidence Tampering. That's some serious melee prowess right there.

Brewmaster with Sinister Reputation, My Favourite Shovel and Tear of the Gorgon. Come, have a drink :)

Misaki with Tear of the Gorgon and Gods Domain for two Stalks per round and 1 AP Diving Charges...

Living Blade and Bone Ascendant is also funny for just about anyone.