Gremlins state of play with just M2E plastics?

Longstrider

Well, perhaps a weird question, but one of my friends has been eyeballing getting into Malifaux, and the faction that he seems most interested in is Gremlins. Given that we're more or less in a small group of... maybe 5 other people, if one were to have a hiring pool of the current three Gremlin Masters (well, 4 if we count Wong, but seeing as he'd be a master without a crew...) and the handful of plastics, can they give it a good go for a variety of schemes and strategies?

I'm sure hunting down the metals or using proxies would be fine, but it's just an added hassle at the moment while trying to sell the game.

Thanks!

Gracie and Bert are also both plastic. He'd be fine.

Edit: everything that is currently or soon to be out based on gencon releases (excluding the nightmare model) are bayou boss set, extra box of bayou gremlins, slop haulers, war pig, kin box, Bert, Gracie, and Wong. Plus Zoraida but her stuff doesn't carry over.

Without converting that gives a very solid foundation of different play style masters and crews that can compete in any strat and scheme pool. It also limits his options which really helps to keep from being overwhelmed with choices or purchases and is really the core of what he'll need to learn to play.

The three Gremlin boxes have some solid options. Somer is good for just about any situation, Ophelia if you want to just go killy, and Zoraida if you want some good board control. The biggest bang for the buck if you only want to stick with plastics would be Ophelia followed VERY closely by Somer. Zoraida will pick up once some of the other pieces come in, but if you've got lots of moving stuff strategies/ schemes and Bodyguard? Kinda hard to beat Nurse/ Lenny

Thank you for sharing, I am getting the The Kin and Somer box today. I was told in the chat that you can easliy make your first 50 points out of both boxes. Any guide how to make the best out of both boxes?

What about upgrades and stuff? I played just a game and read the m2e rules once. Still lacking general info of list building in Malifaux. I would play something like this or drop something to get some upgrades. I would like to play Ophelia first.

Ophelia LaCroix
+Dirty Cheater
> Young LaCroix X 2

Bayou Gremlin
Bayou Gremlin
Bayou Gremlin
Francois LaCroix
Lenny
Pere Ravage
Rami LaCroix

Raphael LaCroix

I would highly recommend Slop Haulers and if you want to make a summoning Somer list, then another box of Bayou Gremlins. But you can work with just the two boxes just fine for a start.

For upgrades, I always take Liquid Bravery for my leader though if you have no Slop Haulers you might choose to leave it home since you probably won't be using the (0)Action.

For Francois, Stilts are golden since he is super killy but rather squishy. They can also be used to mitigate the damage he takes from his Dumb Luck trigger. For Raphael, Dirty Cheater is golden as it can make him super hard to kill taking him above the Hard to Kill threshold repeatedly. The other Dirty Cheater should go on Ophelia or Francois - if you have no Slop Haulers, then I would choose Ophelia.

There is nothing to say you can't make Proxies for the models that are not out.

I've made a Sammy, Old Cranky, 2 Lightning Bugs and currently working on a Trixiebelle. All of these were made from the Bayou Gremlins that come in the 4 pack box.

Also you can find a decent'ish Moncha Roja on Cool Mini or Not just search El Luchadork.

Moncha Roja

MonchaRoja_zps6b8d3176.jpg

Sammy LaCroix

SammyLaCroix_zps49baf872.jpg

Old Cranky

OldCranky_zps1cddad27.jpg

Lightning Bugs

LightningBugs_zpsf0d250bc.jpg