Accidental suicide & Assassinate

Kapten Vendetta

Question

Hi, quick question, in a recent game Dr. McM. accidentally overdosed on his own poison (there is such a thing as too much of "the good stuff"), my opponent revealed Assassinate as one of his schemes.

We played it as a successful scheme, since the scheme itself just says "killed or sacrificed", and even if the FAQ states that no "model or crew" counts as having made the kill - regarding death by condition - the scheme itself doesn't seem to require any involvment from a model or a crew to begin with.

What say you?

14 answers to this question

Well it's true that models dying from conditions such as Burning or Poison usually (although not 100% of the time) don't count as being killed by a model and therefor wouldn't count for various schemes. It really depends on the wording of Assassinate. From looking at it it appears as though you guys played it right. Assassinate doesn't make any specific reference to a friendly model having to deliver the final blow. It just states that the model must be killed or sacrificed and doesn't specify any particular way of doing so. In future perhaps don't juice up McMourning too much with Poison  :P

How did McMourning end up with the poison on him in the first place?

How did McMourning end up with the poison on him in the first place?

Often my first action when playing with McMourning is to stack 8 poison on him from a nurse.  The 'that's the stuff' upgrade let's him push 5" when he takes damage from poison so he's usually within Seb's aura (the other aura that does an extra two damage when taking poison damage specifies 'enemies' only so doesn't affect McM) when he activates so he gets a free 5" move at the start of his activation and then again at the end of the turn.  Is very useful for moving him around the board as he can usually safely do enough damage to heal himself every turn.

• Like 1

Aah right, I haven't used that upgrade yet. I've only recently started playing with McMourning even though I've owned him for months but I just take Moonlighting and Decaying Aura on McMourning. Transfusion on Seb and blast stuff to pieces with poison bombs. I can certainly see the merit of juicing him up for the pushes but I'd always be worrying about healing back up later. I guess he can just charge something and heal up again though. This could also be made easier by taking the upgrade with Scalpel Slingin' on it as well. 

I've not got my cards to hand but I think it's one of his limited upgrades which might rule out Moonlighting or Scalpel Slingin' if they are also Limited.  I've only played him once with that build and it was lots of fun.  Makes him great for things like Entourage or just for getting up in people's faces and being killy quickly!  The one damage at the start of the turn is easy to get back and you can heal up to five Wd with his Ml but you just gotta take the one at the end of the turn and deal with it (until next turn when it's chop chop time again!)

Aah right, I haven't used that upgrade yet. I've only recently started playing with McMourning even though I've owned him for months but I just take Moonlighting and Decaying Aura on McMourning. Transfusion on Seb and blast stuff to pieces with poison bombs. I can certainly see the merit of juicing him up for the pushes but I'd always be worrying about healing back up later. I guess he can just charge something and heal up again though. This could also be made easier by taking the upgrade with Scalpel Slingin' on it as well. 

Plastic Surgery. You haven't lived until you've turned a peacekeeper into a Flesh Construct.

• Like 1