Rail Crew box and LR Monks to use with Misaki

jonahmaul

Hi guys.  I collect TT but at the moment have only bought stuff that is TT only, or is dual-faction with my two main factions (Outcasts and Ressers).  I almost always play Yan Lo as a Resser (although considering what I take with him I could just as easily take him as a TT) but I'm looking to get Misaki on the board more and wondering whether it would be worth adding a Rail Crew to my TT collection when I have no plans to do Arcanists.  I know that Kang can be very useful and having Mei Feng might be nice for another TT Master option but would I (1) be able to use the rest of Mei's box effectively or would the Rail Workers be wasted with Misaki (or even Yan Lo) and (2) would Mei get much mileage out of the TT stuff that I have (Misaki & Yan Lo boxes, TT Archers, Oiron and all the TT/Resser guys)?

Second question, do people find much use for Monks of the Low River?  I look at them and just not sure that I see the point.  Condition removal is very nice but is such short range in a crew that is very fast that I'm not sure how much it would get used.  Their (0) action seems very situational too.  I could see them being good in Turf War by moving up and becoming a pita to move with their defensive stance but with 5 Df and 5Wd and no other damage reduction they still seem pretty easy to take down.  Anybody have much experience with these guys, especially with Misaki?  The main selling point seems that they are 4SS which is cheap in a crew with quite a few high SS minions.

Kang is Boss in any TT crew, nuff' said.

Railworkers are solid and cheap with an above average damage potential and some good staying power.

The monks have their uses, but it depends on how you play misaki.

They're great for holding your backfield or camping objectives, I've never used or needed more then one tho..

Defensive stance, immune to conditions and a (self) heal make them pretty tanky.

Mei can use about everything TT to some efficiency, even so her themed stuff works best.

But things like archers, dawn serpent and komainu are also nice. Archers for sheer utility (hide him behind kang), srpent for the burning (2 words, shovel faster) and komainu, which you will want for Yan lo are also constructs (and cool).

• Like 1

Is it worth trying to get Rail Crew just for Kang do you think?  Especially with all the other Hench/Enforcers battling for places.  And would Rail Workers make it into a crew before other things like Torkage/Oiron/TT Brothers etc.  I have been meaning to pick up some Komainu for Toshiro to summon.  How do you recommend using them?  I've never used them before as I've been waiting for miniatures but Bushido do some nice ones which I'll probably pick up.

Kang is a cornerstone in nearly every TT crew I've played, with Mei, Lynch and Misaki.. so, probably yes.

The railworkers..they're cheap, do good damage and are very tanky (low wounds tho) and when combined with Kang's upgrade can be precise.. they won't alwats be your first pick but are useful even without Mei.

Komainu I use mostly with ancestors (Toshiro ftw!) and to screen (being 40mm base) more vulnerable models like chiaki .

Once again very survivable, good objective grabbers and fun combined with Ototo (slow).

They also have some tricks which make them far more mobile and threatening  than their wk5 suggests.

I use the bushido minis and they're great, don't forget to put them on the correct base..I forgot. :s

Think I'll need to take a closer look at Kang and maybe proxy him as don't want to have to shell out for the whole Rail Crew at the moment.  Good tricks with the Komainu, I hadn't even thought of using them as LOS blockers.  I mainly want them to give Toshiro another option to summon too as I play again a lot of constructs and Necropunks make most Resser lists I play.  Thanks again for the advice, it is much appreciated.

Kang is solid vs Ressers and Arcanists, as he gives pluses to anti-construct and anti-undead flips, plus provides immunity to horror duels.

He's just slow. Get things with lures/pushes to keep him up with the rest of the crew.

What have TT got that can push models? I've only found Mr Graves so far that can push Kang?

Neat trick is: Have the smoke and shadows upgrade. Sprint a torakage forwards (or use a pathfinder, or even clockwork trap, with out of the shadows).
have your Oiran use shadowstride.
Unbury Oiran near torakage or pathfinder at end of turn, next turn lure Kang.

• Like 2