Newest Fate Decks: plastic or paper?

Iron Heel

Hi,

The orignial FDs were paper, I picked up a puppet and retro deck made later which are plastic.

They would pretty much be indestructable under normal gaming condittions, but I find them very slippery and the textured plastic makes the images less clear like the older paper ones.

What material composes the new FDs?

Especially the plastic ones. Keeps the cards from getting scratched and scuffed.

Yeah I don't care as much about the Retro and Puppet decks, but I think if I get some nicer looking TTB or Arcane decks I will sleeve them even in plastic.  The scuffs don't look as good when the deck isnt supposed to old in the first place. 

Plastic sleeves seem over the top. Decks are inexpensive, if it somehow manages to ruin simply buy another and save the hassle of sleeves.    

The TTB kickstarter deck sure isnt inexpensive or easy to replace.  Sleeves may be a little over the top but I am still putting them on it. 

I sleeved my deck - then again, I'm accident-prone and don't want to be having to buy a new deck of cards every time I spill coffee.

Also - decks may be inexpensive, but card sleeves are even more so.  It'd be...what...a dollar to sleeve a Fate Deck using standard card sleeves, if that? Not a horrible investment.

• Like 1