Captain Dashel Utility

Ozymandias79

I've used the Captain now in a few games alongside Lucius, and while I found his abilities fairly powerful, the lists I've been making lately have been dropping him for just more minions for Lucius to order around.  I think the issue I'm having is that Lucius is already a support Master and taking a further support Henchman means that if my opponent just takes out my minions, I have two pretty useless pieces to try and stop him.  

I think if I wasn't running Lucius (say McMourning with a guardsman horde) I might see more value in his abilities, but it just seems redundant to have a support Master with an expensive support Henchman.

What do you all think?  Am I using him wrong or is he really better suited for another Master?

He and I use this word to the greatest effect exponentially increases guardsmen effectiveness. Does he do anything else. No not really. Doesent even have crit strike on his pistol. Must have skipped training Damn officers. That being said if I am going to play dashel I am bringing 3 rifleman with me. The sheer numbers and damage out put at long range is amazing. But if not playing with rifle man then the focus on guild guard and Seargent is less use but focus is still amazing especially when free. Also wardens don't mind focus shooting things hoping to get that paralyze trigger.

• Like 1

They were shouting nurf to the Austringers. And how if he let them focus for a zero how UN pleasant it would be for your opponent. Reaching 18 and tagging someone completely out of los and ignoring cover makes people sad. I would have preferred if he did his focus and + to attack flips to all minions not just guardsmen. But sad face I guess. :(

Well maybe Justin has added a surprise upgrade in the wave 2 deck...Captain Dashel is one of the only Henchmen without a named upgrade and it would not be the first time Wyrd/Justin have added non announced rules/upgrades/models. If I remember correctly they did that with the arsenal deck?

Well I have seen Dashel put to a pretty damn impressive use out here by our local player, he plays a wicked Lucius crew. Riflemen shooting at minimum damage of 4 is pretty damn wrecking.

But rifleman can do that without him. He does make it easier, for sure, but it's not that terribly hard to get dmg 4 on a rifleman.

Just need to cheat rams and there is only 13 of them though.

Which is why you should be flipping so many cards that you can run your deck through more than once.  ;) Dashel certainly helps with that.

Seriously though, model that has to cheat high card to do 4 dmg isn't usually all that useful. Dashel pretty much makes sure that you can just fly with what the deck gives you when shooting with riflemen.

Main use I have seen Is him and two riflemen locking down sosome quarter's in reconnoitre. Its an expensive package, but allows you to be aggressive with the rest of your models. It was teamed with perdita's faster than you and was in short an exercise in area denial. They lost the game but it was a concept to work with certainly.