Doppelgangin'

Uktena

So to all the neverborn players rockin' the cloth-clutching shapeshifter: what actions do you most find yourselves copying with your ap? Do you have standbys? Are there enemy skills you covet using? Do you feel like your doppelganger suffers from bland selections? .....what IS that sheet she has?

Sadly she neither a minion or nightmare so she sees little in my dreamer crew. But otherwise she was just walking doing things like plant explosives. Or copying a decent ml attack. A lot of time lure. But if I want her to be nigh invincible I copy lilitus + to all duels and go defensive lol.

Terror Tot and sprint, any decent melee attack.

At a recent tournament she secured me 4 vp to win the game by 2 by simply using her walk of 6 and manipulative 14 duel to walk around dropping markers everywhere, even when engaged- she is simply he swiss army knife in your tool box...!

• Like 1

Just played a game with 2 teddies and doppleganger stood between them. Basically offensively having 3 teddies. Very hard to deal with for most crews. It is nice having a df 5 teddy with manipulative, albeit not terrifying

If I take her it is generally when Delivery the Message or Plant Explosive are on the table and I take her with at least one Terror Tot.  Then I stone for cards if needs be to try and get a high enough tome to get her trigger.  That way she can copy sprint, get to use it for free, and hopefully be close enough to the enemy to do her job.  I have delivered the message half a dozen times this way by sprinting 12" to engage the master and using my 2 AP to deliver it.  Or sprint twice and drop a marker as one of the last activations in a turn for Plant Explosive.  Alot of times in retaliation my opponents will dog pile on the doppelganger afterwards but by then it has got me the 3 AP so served much of its duty.

• Like 1

Lure, sprint, melee - whatever she needs. That being said my opponents mostly hate her for the ability to cheat initiative.

Same for me on Lure, Sprint, Attack actions...also of late I enjoy using it on trigger to do 3 Black Blood Pustules on Illuminated with Black Blood. Surprised the hell out of my opponent tonight when I did that 3 times to Colette and killed her turn 3.

She is basically an auto include in nearly every game I play as she's a great swiss army knife.

I often copy Hardened Brilliance when I use her in my Lynch crew, since the +2 damage against Brillianced models is part of the ability and not a trigger. I dread seeing Doppelgangers across the table when I am playing Lynch for the same reason...

I often copy Hardened Brilliance when I use her in my Lynch crew, since the +2 damage against Brillianced models is part of the ability and not a trigger. I dread seeing Doppelgangers across the table when I am playing Lynch for the same reason...

That is one of my other favorite things to do. Or else, while the Illuminated are in the engagement range of the enemy I'll have the Doppleganger stand back and copy their shooting attack and use her to spread brilliance while everything else benefits from it.

That is one of my other favorite things to do. Or else, while the Illuminated are in the engagement range of the enemy I'll have the Doppleganger stand back and copy their shooting attack and use her to spread brilliance while everything else benefits from it.

Save that she cannot delcare triggers so no Filled with Stars to spread brilliance.  Better off copying the Illuminated's or HD's Melee attacks.  Of Heed my Voice.

Save that she cannot delcare triggers so no Filled with Stars to spread brilliance.  Better off copying the Illuminated's or HD's Melee attacks.  Of Heed my Voice.

Hmm, true. I misplayed that last night. I'll have to note that to my opponent when I see him next week to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thank you.