Day Dreams - I dont get it

Shimian

Hey guys, me again :D

I just dont get the use of the Day Dreams in a Dreamer Crew. Sure, they can push other Nightmares around and can catch a hit for the Dreamer. But is there anything else they are good for? Since they cannot place scheme markers due to insignificant, I absolutely do not get what they are good for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards

Sebastian

They are so useful!  Here are my most common uses for them:

Confirmed summoning: Sacrifice to give Dreamer  :mask for all his summoning needs. (makes summoning without slow easier)

WP shenanigans: Cozy a daydream nearby enemy model to reduce their WP for pending duels.

Killjoy missile: Use Dreamer to give one fast, and push, using another daydream to push before walk, walk, sacrifice to deliver Killjoy near a juicy target.  (can use a third daydream if you want another 4", but I find two are usually sufficient.

Take the hit: use them to absorb damage intended for Dreamer...he can always summon another one.

Distraction: Send one off to a vacant part of the table 'hey, what's he doing over there?  Must be up to something!'.

I recently discovered the joy of accomplice pushing Lelu after he has set up his 0 action lie in wait. He effectively gets a 7"push and is in pounce mode - it is good for setting him up in an inconvenient place out of LOS but in good pounce location. Also, you get to "bend" that 7" push mid way (since it is actually 2) which lets you get into really interesting places. It took me a while to get the hang of the little guys, but I am really starting to love them.

To add one more thing to people's list; they can mess up charges.  In my latest game I was against a Von Shill crew for Turf.  I was feeling a might worried as he had the Strongarm suit with in charge range of Teddy and he had Oathkeeper on it but I did not want to activate Teddy yet as I wanted to activate teddy early as he was my biggest hitter.  So one little Day Dream moved up to the only spot that the Strongarm could settle to charge Teddy *Augmented Jump would have gotten him around the terrain but his Base literally had to be where the Day Dream was*.  It got Von Shill to waste all 3 of his AP shooting that Day Dream dead to open it up but then another took its place.  In the end he used Oathkeeper so he could move and charge from a different angle and attack Teddy, but losing that extra swing gave Teddy chance to survive and then heal thanks to Regeneration and the Dreamer's Aura.

Willpower debuff: combined with tantrum, summon 3 daydreams, -3 willpower and 3 damage minimum for the target from ranged expert.

Easy way to summon chompy.

Invaluable + mask to cast with dreamer. 

4 inch push to disengage from other models is brilliant.

Move, 4" push and companion a stitched for x2 gamble ou life attaxks that werent in range before.

Push a model so it can make an interact action without spending another AP.

Perfect target for dreamer to deflect non-blast attacks to (especially minimum dmg 2, as youi can do it twice!!!)

They are awesome!!!!