How to deal with killjoy?

HadjiMurat

Hi all! Tonight i am up against Outcast (Viks), and i know my opponent will bring killjoy around, and to be honest i am already scared of meeting him on the board. The models i can field at the moment ( I only use painted models) is Rasputina box, silent one and blessed of december. I have a convict gunslinger and Hans as well.

My question is then, how should i deal with killjoy? I cant see any of my crew being able to withstand the beating Killjoy can dish out....

Any help will be highly appreciated, and since i cant find other posts about this, it might be that i am overreacting, he he. :huh:

Thx, so I should try to keep him paralyzed and keep my distance? Does he/ it have any known weaknes that I can take advantege of?

Just realised that I been a member of this forum since 2011, and this is my first post. I must really fear that ugly killjoy....

The Sub Zero upgrade can be a real pain for Killjoy and most of the Viktoria crew as well. This gives all your Frozen Hart Minions (Wendigo, Ice Gamins, Silent One) the trigger that can abort its activation after the first swing. Good thing is that those Minions already have the necessary suit, so it will be an automatic thing. Rasputina has this trigger on her card and can get the suit from SS whenever it is needed. The Ice Golem lacks this option but it has Armor +2 which mitigates the damage potential greatly and you can also bring the Armor of December upgrade and use it on the Golem to pump his Armor to +3.

• Like 1

Thx, so I should try to keep him paralyzed and keep my distance? Does he/ it have any known weaknes that I can take advantege of?

Just realised that I been a member of this forum since 2011, and this is my first post. I must really fear that ugly killjoy....

Nope Paralyse him then beat him into the ground. You can normally take him out before he clears the Paralysis and gets to activate.

The other thing to remember though he doesn't have to charge the closest model, he does have to charge, and he does have to charge in a Straight line.. so it is possible to block him.

If for example the only legal target is an Ice Gamin... and that Ice Gamin is more than Killjoys walk from other models.. he's probably going to kill the Gamin, take the damage on killing and then be stuck out in the open to be blasted by Rasputina.

• Like 1

I am amazed that so many of you took the time to comment and answer my question. Need to be more active on this forum.

If i get killjoy eganged with a gamin, i could  cast decembers curse in combat, right? Then i need to randomize target. If i hit the gamin, can i then cheat the damage to severe, potentially get 4 wounds from blast and 1 wound from the exploding gamin? Sure i read something about hitting friendly that the result would be a tie, meaning I cant cheat? Probably best to paralyze him and blast him from a safe distance.

Yes, you could cast December's Curse if you're within 12" of Killjoy and it would randomize since it's a :ranged. If you hit the gamin, you would flipping to hit normally (unless I'm mistaken) and if Raspy's attack wins the gamin's defence by at least 6 (easy to cheat if jokers aren't involved) you can cheat the damage to severe and get a total of 6 damage on Killjoy (4 from blast and 2 from Explosive demise).

• Like 1

Sure i read something about hitting friendly that the result would be a tie, meaning I cant cheat?

If you target a friendly model with something that requires an opposed duel you can choose to relent with the defender. In that case only the attacker need to flip (to reach a possible TN or to get triggers) and the result is an automatic tie. But this is only an option, you can opt for the normal way when you want to reach a straight damage flip like in your case and cheat up or down both initial duel flips from your Hand as you see fit.

• Like 2

Whilst  we are talkign about targetting friendly gamin in combat with Killjoy, thats a great win win if they are in base contact for the Paralyse spell, as you will randomise, and then if you hit your gamin, you can choose to tie, meanign the spell hits and the gamin and all non leaders in base contact (KillJoy in this case) will be paralysed. And your Gamin is immune to paralyse, so only Killjoy will be paralysed.

So basically I agree with everyone else. Paralyse and the sub zero upgrade, and heavy hitters will really struggle against you.

• Like 2

If you target a friendly model with something that requires an opposed duel you can choose to relent with the defender. In that case only the attacker need to flip (to reach a possible TN or to get triggers) and the result is an automatic tie. But this is only an option, you can opt for the normal way when you want to reach a straight damage flip like in your case and cheat up or down both initial duel flips from your Hand as you see fit.

Your better not relenting, so you make flips for both and can use a rubbish card from your hand on the Gamin.

• 3 months later...