Malifaux Companion Beta - Android App

Quick update tonight. I had thought I lost my latest code base when I had to reformat my hard drive, but I found the backup today! Update is still not a forced update; you'll need to download the update (click me on your Android device) and install it manually as I don't want to force the 1.24->1.25 update which wipes saved user data. You will retain your data if updating from 1.25->1.26, however. Glad people are still liking and using the app!

v1.26 Update:

- Added Aionus

- Errata for Metal Gamin, Conflux of Combat, and Conflux of Thunder

- Fixed Jack Daw Tormented merc tax bug

5 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

When you say you added the errata for..., what does that mean for us? There's no way to see the rules or updates, is there? I love love love the app, and I'd be even more excited to learn it had EVEN MORE functionality than I thought it did.

Well, the app has full rules text which pops up when you click a model or upgrade, but I can't unlock it in the public release due to it being Wyrd copyrighted info.  So it's really only for my use...  In the first post you can see a sample in the instruction manual link. 

Sucks that I can't release all that good stuff, but that's the way it goes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CritterKiller32 said:

Quick update tonight. I had thought I lost my latest code base when I had to reformat my hard drive, but I found the backup today! Update is still not a forced update; you'll need to download the update (click me on your Android device) and install it manually as I don't want to force the 1.24->1.25 update which wipes saved user data. You will retain your data if updating from 1.25->1.26, however. Glad people are still liking and using the app!

v1.26 Update:

- Added Aionus

- Errata for Metal Gamin, Conflux of Combat, and Conflux of Thunder

- Fixed Jack Daw Tormented merc tax bug

As a heads up the Zoraida "Tarot Reading" upgrade does not seem to reduce the cost of Swampfiends from out of faction if they are Wp4. If they are Wp4 without Tarot Reading they should count as mercs, but not if you take that upgrade.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

As a heads up the Zoraida "Tarot Reading" upgrade does not seem to reduce the cost of Swampfiends from out of faction if they are Wp4. If they are Wp4 without Tarot Reading they should count as mercs, but not if you take that upgrade.

Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed this and it will be included in the next release.

14 hours ago, trikk said:

I believe there is also an issue with campaign skills as they don`t count towards the upgrade limit. They have their own limit and can be added to minions etc.

Yeah, fleshed out campaign support is something that's still on the to-do list. Logic needs to be added to distinguish between the different campaign upgrade types (Skills & Injuries don't consume upgrade slots and can be added to Minions, Equipment is treated like normal upgrades).

@CritterKiller32, I sent this via email as well, but in case this is the better venue:

First off, awesome app!

This is exactly the app I've been hoping for since the previous Through the Breach app stopped getting support and missed the wave three models. Nice work!

That said, a couple suggestions to make the UI even better. In no particular order:

• Move Upgrade [x] button away from model [x]. In the crew creation menu, the upgrade remove buttons are perilously close to the remove model button. It would avoid accidental model removal to perhaps change how much the [x] buttons are indented or make on on the other side or perhaps make the model removal require a long press or double-tap.
  • Compact view for model lists. Having all the stats is great, but also takes up a lot of screen real estate. It would be great if you could toggle between current view and a titles-only mode that showed the list of models and upgrades in a much more compact format so that you could see a list all in one screen.
  • Automatically ignore the collection restriction when building crews from the Encounter screen. The "limit to collection" option is great when working on your own crews. But in the use case where you are trying to quickly enter your opponent's crew for reference, it is frustrating to have to go clear that check box before selecting their models (or if I just missed a way to do it in fewer clicks, make it more prominent). Even better, create a way to send your list to your opponent.

Also, I would add....

On 1/5/2016 at 0:58 AM, CritterKiller32 said:

Quick update tonight. I had thought I lost my latest code base when I had to reformat my hard drive, but I found the backup today!

You might want to consider using Github to host your source code so that you never have to worry about losing your work. I have a $7/month private repository plan that comes with 5 repositories. It's definitely been a great investment for the peace of mind of always having my source code safely hosted in the cloud. You also get all the advantages of Git as a DVCS solution. More info here: https://github.com/pricing.

This also gives you the flexibility to collaborate with other contributors (say if you found someone to port your code to iOS).

44 minutes ago, zeeblee said:

This has been great to play with, but I keep encountering a bug in the crew builder. I have mine set to restrict via my collection, but frequently it won't display additional copies of models as available after I add the first.

I've worked around this for a while.  It seems to happen when the app is brought up, a crew is built from your collection, then the app is cached/minimized/whatevered.    Force stopping the application resets this. 

I saw it a lot MORE when I used a task killing app, but I haven't in a while and it still comes up from time to time.

Edit:  As a heads up, we still cannot do a henchman lead crew in the 26-40 ss range.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CritterKiller32 said:

Just noticed that it's either all classic schemes or all GG schemes, never a mix of the two.  I'll get that fixed. 

I wouldn't fix it. The two pools aren't meant to be mixed in Tournaments. I'm not sure how well they would mix in casual play.

Since the tracking cards are different between the two sets players who mix the two will have to write stuff down to keep the opponent from knowing which schemes they have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimTullis said:

I wouldn't fix it. The two pools aren't meant to be mixed in Tournaments. I'm not sure how well they would mix in casual play.

Since the tracking cards are different between the two sets players who mix the two will have to write stuff down to keep the opponent from knowing which schemes they have.

That's a very good point. The new Schemes don't play well at all with the classics, as most are just slightly tweaked versions of the originals. If the similar ones were assigned to the same card value, that would be one thing, but Assassinate and Neutralize the Leader should never be in the same pool. And if you really want that combo you can do it in the manual encounter setup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimTullis said:

Please consider adding 2 more encounter slots. Most Tournaments go 3 to 4 rounds. This would make pre loading for a tournament easier. Thanks.

Great App.

There's a save and load crew option that would do that well.  I've always used the 2 encounter slots for my vs. opponents crew.

On 1/31/2016 at 0:03 PM, Púca said:

Have you thought about being able synchronise your collections across devices? I like to mess around with the app at work on my phone but when i'm gaming i use my tablet for rules and noting down stuff.

That would be something nice to add, but with the decent state the app is in right now, I don't see any major revisions to the app in the near future; primarily errata and new model updates. But its on the wish list for sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I just got the app this week wish you could stretch it to iOS and Windows for official support. I think it's great if that wasn't obvious. Love the features. There's only one thing I wish I could do in that I can't screenshot an image of the crew to send to a friend or something like that. Other than that it is a great app.

On a content note, I can't seem to get the Smoke Grenades Upgrade when building 10T crews.