Malifaux Mobile App

Not sure if this has been suggested or if you're allowed to do it because of the permissions but it would be really good if you were able to include a description of what the upgrades do as without knowing everything by heart I think it's difficult to use the Crew Creator effectively and you need the cards in front of you to do so which somewhat negates the app!

If at any point you would want to translate it to any other languages, we have all the strategy/squemes/deployment stuff already translated to spanish and I could work on all other texts needed as well.

Just send me a private if/when you ever need help on that.

• Like 1

I am on a HTC DROID Incredible (this means I also have the HTC Sense UI thingamajig). When I open the menu on the app (such as to select Save Crew) I can hit the selected buttons, but i also keep selecting buttons that are behind the menu list (e.g. when i try to save my crew, I open up the menu and try to tap on Save Crew, but I instead hit the Model select button that is behind the menu. I am still able to click the Save Crew button, but I have to hit precisely where no other buttons line up behind the menu.) Also whenever I have to type anything using the phone's keyboard (such as for selecting the SS level of a list, or when trying to name a Save Crew file) the delete button will not delete the first character in the space. It is fine deleting any other character, and i can still move the cursor in front of the very first character, place a new character, and then delete the initial character (e.g. If the typable space is "A" I can't delete the A, but I can make it say "BA" and then be able to delete the A, but won't be able to delete the B.

Otherwise the App appears to be working great,maybe making some of the buttons a little bit bigger (such as the + and x buttons on the crew creator), but i am able to hit them on the first try 95% of the time, so they are just a tiny bit too small for me. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

To also reiterate Fancy Hat's post. I'm on a Droid Bionic (android version 2.3.4 if that helps). I went to test what he said about saving crews and ran into the same problem. I have to be very specific on where I hit the screen or else it just pulls up other subscreens (model/mercenary etc) unless I close those (+/-) first, and even then will sometimes reopen the menus (counts as me hitting the +).

Still, I am absolutely loving this app. Ty.  :D

• Like 1

I love it, however I would like to see a way to show the info on the upgrade cards so we know what they do. Even if it is just a quick blurb about it. I think that would assist the newer players like myself who don't know all the upgrades and what they can do as well as people trying out new masters and don't know the master all to well. Even if it is a glossary added to an additional section of the app.

Unfortuatly, while I would like to add something like this, it comes to close to infringing on Wyrd's copyright for my taste. I'd rather stay away from having as little model information in the app as possible with the exceptions being model costs, wounds, and stratgey/scheme information. Anything about model specific rules (even blurbs about what an upgrade does) feels like it might be stepping over the line a bit.

Can you get Wyrd's permission for this then?

I'm a new player and getting pretty frustrated that there are no card databases to be able to compare models I want to buy without shelling out more cash to be able to find out what the models do first, or to be able to verify what an opponent's action is doing is actually being done by the rules. Makes no sense that this info is not available. 

Well, isn't this Chrismas in, ummm, June!

I've been away for a couple of months, and I come back and here this is! I've got an Android phone and an iPad, so something cross-platform is awesome!

Downloading and installing on my phone.

One thing I must ask, and if it's been answered already, please forgive. Does this have list import/export capability?

Okay, played with it for a few minutes. Overall, very attractive, and the crew creator is basically a mobile version of the crew creator on the Wyrd website. (Which I think you built anyway.) Usage could be smoother, but I understand it's early days yet. One significant gripe: When I open up the crew creator, the faction/master selection section is hidden. Since I don't play Guild or Hoffman (which it defaults to) this is kinda irritating. Significantly easier to work with than the Warmahordes app.

I look forward to seeing this develop further.

Unfortuatly, while I would like to add something like this, it comes to close to infringing on Wyrd's copyright for my taste. I'd rather stay away from having as little model information in the app as possible with the exceptions being model costs, wounds, and stratgey/scheme information. Anything about model specific rules (even blurbs about what an upgrade does) feels like it might be stepping over the line a bit.

Can you get Wyrd's permission for this then?

I'm a new player and getting pretty frustrated that there are no card databases to be able to compare models I want to buy without shelling out more cash to be able to find out what the models do first, or to be able to verify what an opponent's action is doing is actually being done by the rules. Makes no sense that this info is not available.

Buy the Rulebook like the rest of us I guess.

• Like 1

Guess you haven't seen the entire thread dedicated to "I want everything given to me for free, but I promise I will still buy models"...

Just checked the app again out (with the updates) last night. Still think it's great and is really handy, especially when teaching new people

Oh! It's the same guy.

Right. ...

And that thread got locked by a moderator. Me, I was unlucky and got one of the Rail Crew boxes that still had the 1.5 cards. So I bought a 10T deck to get their stats and an Arcanists deck for the other toys Mei Feng gets to play with. And I'm completely cool with that.

For listbuilding tools, I ask one thing first and foremost: That it helps me in the building of a legal list. Including stats is a bonus, not something I expect.

I've also asked for a description of the Upgrades.  I already have the rulebook and the Arsenal decks for my crew, but a brief description of the upgrade would be invaluable if Wyrd would grant permission for it.  I'm a pretty new player too and whilst I know what most of my miniatures do I can't remember the upgrades so if I'm on the bus, at work etc. and don't have my cards or rulebook to hand but want to make a list for a game that evening having a description of the upfrades would make it so much easier.  Of course I would only be down with this is Wyrd granted permission.

I would be happy if Wyrd made an App like PP did with Warroom (just better, and less buggy).

Would happily pay money to get all the faction decks and upgrades. Makes it quick and easy to make a list yourself, or to look at potential models you might want to buy. Also good for looking at a friends models, see what they can do or what their weakness is.

I've also asked for a description of the Upgrades.  I already have the rulebook and the Arsenal decks for my crew, but a brief description of the upgrade would be invaluable if Wyrd would grant permission for it.  I'm a pretty new player too and whilst I know what most of my miniatures do I can't remember the upgrades so if I'm on the bus, at work etc. and don't have my cards or rulebook to hand but want to make a list for a game that evening having a description of the upfrades would make it so much easier.  Of course I would only be down with this is Wyrd granted permission.

Agreed.

I have both the big Rule Book, and the mini Rules Manual, as well as Arsenal Decks for the two Factions I, so far, have Crews for (and will be getting the other Arsenal Decks for other Factions as I buy Crews for them as well (I'll probably even pick up the Arsenal Decks for the two Factions I know I won't be getting Crews for as well)).

I will also pick up the Wave 2 Arsenal Decks and whatever Wave 2 Rules Book(s) that come out too.

But there are times when I want to check on an Upgrades precise text and I don't my cards to hand.

Similarly it would be nice to be able to look up a Model's Stats and Abilities without having to have the cards in front of me, particularly if one could search for specific details, such as Hiring Characteristics, or certain Abilities, as this kind of information can be vital to putting together a well oiled crew (or even just one that meets one's own particular requirements for that crew).

Would happily pay money to get all the faction decks and upgrades. Makes it quick and easy to make a list yourself, or to look at potential models you might want to buy. Also good for looking at a friends models, see what they can do or what their weakness is.

Also agreed.

No need for it to be free. Happy to pay for it.

And, though, yes, one can ask to look at one's opponents cards, it would also be useful for pre-match preparation on those occasions when you know (even roughly) what crew you're likely to be facing. 

You need to remember if there is anything that would breach Wyrd's IP then it would be shut down. Currently all that is in the app is publically availible and if there is to be anything to do with Stats or Rules in there that will need to be allowed by Wyrd.

As for charging for Faction decks like with PP that would have to be a whole other agreement where either of the Apps that are being currently worked on would need to be stopped like what happened with iBodger and then Wyrd would have to hire a designer to make the app under contract so then all sales for addon decks would go to them not a 3rd party.

You need to remember if there is anything that would breach Wyrd's IP then it would be shut down. Currently all that is in the app is publically availible and if there is to be anything to do with Stats or Rules in there that will need to be allowed by Wyrd.

As for charging for Faction decks like with PP that would have to be a whole other agreement where either of the Apps that are being currently worked on would need to be stopped like what happened with iBodger and then Wyrd would have to hire a designer to make the app under contract so then all sales for addon decks would go to them not a 3rd party.

Of course it would require Wyrd's approval. I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. And the charging for Faction decks thing is hardly insurmountable (and doesn't necessarily mean them having to "hire a designer" and all that).

As Scott says, nobdy is asking for it to be done without Wyrd's approval.  Just wondering if permission can be asked for.  Personally I'm not too bothered about having all the cards for models because that's a whole ton of information but if the app could be made to include those as optional purchases then it would be good for those people who do want them.  I just think the crew builder becomes more or less useless unless you know every upgrade inside out (the reason I never use the web one either).  It's a lot easier to have a general idea of what your models do which enbales you to construct a list than to remember what all the different upgrades do.

Check out the other app thread here, critterkiller32 says adding rules is on hold for now. It's an ongoing discussion, hopefully one that will bear fruit sometime in the near future. With Gencon on the horizon, though, I don't expect anything until the Fall at the earliest.

And that thread got locked by a moderator. Me, I was unlucky and got one of the Rail Crew boxes that still had the 1.5 cards. So I bought a 10T deck to get their stats and an Arcanists deck for the other toys Mei Feng gets to play with. And I'm completely cool with that.

For listbuilding tools, I ask one thing first and foremost: That it helps me in the building of a legal list. Including stats is a bonus, not something I expect.

For an app, I'm looking for something that makes the game run cleaner and better. Paid or not - an app that let me manage models and included the rules would make playing Malifaux better. 

I'm pretty sure you already have better tools, as you said the hardest part is finding the latest version of Visual Studio
but since I inadvertently stepped into these

http://appstudio.windows.com/
http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Windows-Phone/How-to-extend-an-App-Studio-app-using-Visual-Studio

We all WP users believe in you, Moose :)