The Dead Rider

graeme27uk

Would you take him?

He is a fast melee beat-stick as far as I can see.

Claim Souls doesn't seem that great as the only time it is realistically going to take effect is Turn 4/5 when being paralysed from failing Horror isn't so important.

Revel is Pain basically means he can Flurry for free assuming he hits the TN.

He has Armour effectively - just armour that gets better.

So is he worth the 12ss cost compared to other high ss models?

He has Armour effectively - just armour that gets better.

Actually his armor is BETTER then armor specifically because it's not armor.  There are lots of models that totally ignore armor (McMourning just to name one) that cannot get passed Grave Whispers.

I only fielded him when he was stronger in the beta, but looking at him now he's still a really strong choice.  Generally we're short on models that are really mobile, and the ability of the Deadrider to charge a model 13 inches away, then drag it off off up to 18 inches makes him a champion "objective grabber" hunter at the very least, and a right terror to support models who might be hiding up board somewhere.

If anything, I would say paralyze is better in the late stages of the game when there are fewer models on the table and a majority of Scheme points are going to be scored.

That's a very good statement and it's also very accurate. Paralyze is better in the late stages in my opinion as well. :)

Do paralysed models count for scoring then? I get that they can't put down scheme markers.

The do count if they are in the right place, but it's more about a paralyzed model not being able to get where needed and not being able to stop me from doing it too. It's the second best thing after killing a model to remove it's presence on the table.

Paralyze only lasts until the model's next activation, but it does keep them from doing any actions. I think what they were trying to say is that more schemes are scored at the end of the game then the beginning. Usually the first turn or two are about positioning.

Actually his armor is BETTER then armor specifically because it's not armor.  There are lots of models that totally ignore armor (McMourning just to name one) that cannot get passed Grave Whispers.

I only fielded him when he was stronger in the beta, but looking at him now he's still a really strong choice.  Generally we're short on models that are really mobile, and the ability of the Deadrider to charge a model 13 inches away, then drag it off off up to 18 inches makes him a champion "objective grabber" hunter at the very least, and a right terror to support models who might be hiding up board somewhere.

Still, there are some models that ignore defensive triggers but not armor, or that deny the ability to use defensive triggers.