2018 Arcanist Resolutions

retnab

Hey all! With a new year, GG, and errata comes a new way for us to look at the game and I was wondering what everyone's planning on doing this year.

Personally I'm planning on pulling Kaeris and Mei Feng out of my bag, as over the past two years I've tried to make them work but I think I need to accept their playstyles just don't work for me. On the other side, I'm aiming to get more Colette games in. She's the only Arcanist master I own I've never done 10 or more games with and I mean to fix that this year (so a min of 6 more games with her by the year's end). Lastly for Masters, I want to start using Ramos and Rasputina more. Ironsides and Sandeep have been my go-to for most of last year but my win rates with those two are also pretty good and i'd like to have them back in my regular roster. I also want to experiment more with models I rarely if ever use, like Sanctioned Spellcasters, Bishop, and Hoarcats. See what fits and what doesn't, really.

How about all of you, what do you plan to try out and change this year?

• Like 1

Pulled up my goals from the similar thread last year:
1) Learn/focus on the next two masters in my queue (Kaeris and Ironsides) - Success! I played more games with them then my other masters and definitely feel comfortable with them.
2) Hold off on seriously committing to Colette and/or Sandeep until next year so that I can do #1 and still stay fresh with the 2 I spent time on in 2016 - Success
3) Attend at least 4 tourneys - Success! attended 5 different events (one of which was a two day) and hosted another

Since I succeeded on everything from last year I guess I can push slightly, ever so slightly, harder for this year:
1) Learn and get painted Colette and Sandeep and their crews
2) Do not forget everything about the Masters I've learned over the last two years (Ramos, Mei, Kaeris, Ironsides)
3) Attend at least 6 days of 50 SS tourneys (not including ones I host)
4) Continue to maintain a 2/3 win record at tourneys
5) Host 2 events

Stretch Goal - get Raspy and crew painted (but not necessarily fully learned)

• Like 1

Arcanist-wise, I want to find a way to make Colette shift gears mid game from crafty scheme mistress to annoying pin-cushion nobody wants to touch (so I can update the Dress-Rehearsal post). I see there's a way to do it with her new upgrades, just haven't nailed it down on the table yet.

Also, finally getting Marcus, Raspy, and Toni on the table and get decent with them.

• Like 1

For mine I'd say to prove to people that Colette's new upgrade, The Dancing Sabre, is indeed a damn good upgrade in Ply for Info and perhaps other strategies.  Maybe have Marcus and Sandeep take a rest for a little bit to learn about the greatness that is the new Ironsides.  Also, I want to fiddle around with Mei Feng a little more. 

As a stretch - maybe break out Raspy for something other than a demo game.  lol.  

• Like 1

Start Malifaux by painting and playing with Marcus and his wonderful menagerie of the Arcanist faction beasts.

Experiment with the exotic imports of models with the beast sub-type from other factions. (So far that'll be Dawn Serpent, Shikome, Canine Remains, Silurids).

Based on the learnings from those games, choose a second Arcanist master whose play style will seem to be a good progression/addition.

• Like 3