What list would you take..

Louie

So just out of curiousity and inspiration, what list would you take into this setup:

Flank deployment

Headhunter

Claim jump

FFM

Accusation

Covert Breakthrough

Tail 'em

Mostly interested in any non-McMourning/Nellie input!

Would probaby go for a McCabe or Hoffie list myself.

Lucius or McCabe.

Lucius can create a pile of overlapping engagements but still pick up heads for his own crew because of his (0). He can stay a little bit back and can easily bounce away to avoid Tail 'em and score breakthrough and claim jump easily.

McCabe is just his own sweet self, no explanation needed. :)

Ahh right, forgot about Lucius.. haven't played him since the buff.. maybe he shall get some playtime, depends on the standings, this match is round 5 so I might go with a more familiar master should I be contending for the 1st :P

Btw Ludvig, coming up to nationals in 2 weeks?

• Like 1

I love Lucius in headhunter. Lucius is also good to deal with ffm, and can to tail em and covert breakthrough pretty well.

If i was going power id go I'd do Lucius with deep pockets and surprisingly loyal, 2 thralls, 2 monster hunters, doppelganger, scribe and performer or investigator

If I was going casual I'd go Lucius with deep pockets, 5 guild guard, Dade, 2 thralls, scribe. I'd bunch the 5 guild guard around Dade and the scribe and have a def 7 armor 1 healing gunline of inaccuracy. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Louie said:

Ahh right, forgot about Lucius.. haven't played him since the buff.. maybe he shall get some playtime, depends on the standings, this match is round 5 so I might go with a more familiar master should I be contending for the 1st :P

Btw Ludvig, coming up to nationals in 2 weeks?

No, sorry. After ITC I felt really out of touch with the competitive side since I played so crappy and I haven't kept up well with wave 4 or 5 so I'm hosting my own thing this weekend and taking it easy on competing. I'll hopefully find a new spark next year nd join a few events.

• Like 3

I've been wanting to cram Daschel into any list ever since he got his upgrade, maybe I will get a chance now! Although I only have 4 Guild guards (2nd hand bought package deal, never bought an extra box okeee!) so I got to buy 2 more boxes of guards to run this!

1 hour ago, Louie said:

I've been wanting to cram Daschel into any list ever since he got his upgrade, maybe I will get a chance now! Although I only have 4 Guild guards (2nd hand bought package deal, never bought an extra box okeee!) so I got to buy 2 more boxes of guards to run this!

I'm now imagining a lucius list with 2 guard phalaxes (phalanxi?) One supported by daschel and one by dade.  4 gg each.   No points left for scribe though. 

20 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

If I was going casual I'd go Lucius with deep pockets, 5 guild guard, Dade, 2 thralls, scribe. I'd bunch the 5 guild guard around Dade and the scribe and have a def 7 armor 1 healing gunline of inaccuracy. 

Imagine facing Sonnia, Raspy or Wong with that list. At least you would have lot of heads to pick up...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm now imagining a lucius list with 2 guard phalaxes (phalanxi?) One supported by daschel and one by dade.  4 gg each.   No points left for scribe though. 

Phalanx is originally greek. Couldn't find the correct grammar for that after a quick search.

For the latin loan word it's not phalangi and I wouldn't care to guess which one of these it is so have here's table: 

Case Singular Plural
nominative phalanx phalangēs
genitive phalangis phalangum
dative phalangī phalangibus
accusative phalangem phalangēs
ablative phalange phalangibus
vocative phalanx phalangēs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

Eh for a casual list to have three bad matchups out of 56 I'm ok with it. 

I'm not sure I understood this correctly. Assuming I did, that list doesn't have 3 bad matchups out of 56. It has 56 bad matchups out of 56. I just found those 3 hilarious.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Phalanx is originally greek. Couldn't find the correct grammar for that after a quick search.

For the latin loan word it's not phalangi and I wouldn't care to guess which one of these it is so have here's table: 

Case Singular Plural
nominative phalanx phalangēs
genitive phalangis phalangum
dative phalangī phalangibus
accusative phalangem phalangēs
ablative phalange phalangibus
vocative phalanx phalangēs

I find it cute that you think that English language has some well defined rules for its loan words. :)

The plural of phalanx is phalanxes or phalanges. For military formations it's usually the first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I find it cute that you think that English language has some well defined rules for its loan words. :)

The plural of phalanx is phalanxes or phalanges. For military formations it's usually the first.

Using your own grammar for loan words is a pretty well defined rule in english and swedish at least. Not sure if there is some language where you actually keep the grammar of the old language but it seems unwieldy. I assumed 4thstringer has the english skills to know it's there isn't a greek suffix in the english word but wanted to brush up on ancient latin/greek. I believe phalanges is plural for the finger bones. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Using your own grammar for loan words is a pretty well defined rule in english and swedish at least. Not sure if there is some language where you actually keep the grammar of the old language but it seems unwieldy. I assumed 4thstringer has the english skills to know it's there isn't a greek suffix in the english word but wanted to brush up on ancient latin/greek. I believe phalanges is plural for the finger bones. 

I wouldn't exactly call it a well defined rule. It's a good first guess, though.