Sonnia Meta

DeadManTalking

40 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

No way.   I played a tournament this weekend and now I'm super serious about this stuff. 

Using a dot instead of an exclamation mark and no smilies kiiiind of makes this seem serious but then I look at your avatar pic and I see good old 4thstringer again. ;) 

I'm not sure the guild community would survive it if you started to powergame instead of discovering weird combos. I guess you powergaming would technically still be weird combos so I will support you whichever way you go! If guild guard end up needing a cuddle because you broke the tournament scene with them I will fall over laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Using a dot instead of an exclamation mark and no smilies kiiiind of makes this seem serious but then I look at your avatar pic and I see good old 4thstringer again. ;) 

I'm not sure the guild community would survive it if you started to powergame instead of discovering weird combos. I guess you powergaming would technically still be weird combos so I will support you whichever way you go! If guild guard end up needing a cuddle because you broke the tournament scene with them I will fall over laughing.

I can say the people I played that against afterwards were saying that they suspect that they will be made rare 4.  It ends up having some weird advantages that I didn't expect.  You don't really have to stone for cards, because you just need enough to make your master work.  Your opponent will tend to waste cards on killing gg or avoiding shots from guild guard, so their hands get really limited (exception do exist).  Black blood is definitely an issue, and I suspect blasting will give it trouble, but man they really do more damage as a group than I expected them to.  At the very least, I think it will make it so that if people are playing into Guild you will see more Misaki and Viks.  It might end up being a real boon to Nellie that it exists, because a list that isn't prepared for it.  

I think the 16 gg list is one I am pretty much done with.  It really isn't so interesting to play as or play against, and I don't play enough tournaments to make it worth practicing with.  Since my games are otherwise friendly, I might go back to making the Belle Domador work with my differing crews.

Edit: forgot some words.

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I think 16 guild guard hits the sweetspot of being totally playable but not breaking the top tournament meta. I am of the opinion that some of the top filth lists with Misaki, Viks and Sonnia would eat those poor guardsmen for breakfast. I think a list lacking in area damage and heavy on close combat attacks might actually have some trouble with it.

Guild Guard also wouldn't be able to do much if they were engaged by some durable models. I guess you could do some combat interacts if you took Lucius, but then you literally wouldn't be able to kill anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

What kind of opponents waste cards on guild guard? I mean, yeah there weren’t that many other options, but their entire hands could have been dedicated to neutralizing your master. But then I play very conservatively with my hand.

You have to waste some on defense if they keep shooting at you. They are bound to hit sometimes despite their shitty attack stats.

52 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Guild Guard also wouldn't be able to do much if they were engaged by some durable models. I guess you could do some combat interacts if you took Lucius, but then you literally wouldn't be able to kill anything.

Oddly, it was black blood that I fear, much more than tough models.  Unless someone makes 1 damage become 0, the weight of fire can tear down all but the toughest models.  

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Oddly, it was black blood that I fear, much more than tough models.  Unless someone makes 1 damage become 0, the weight of fire can tear down all but the toughest models.  

Yeah, but it's going to take something like 15 Guild Guard ap to take down a Waldgeist, so they can prevent you from interacting quite effectively.

37 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Yeah, but it's going to take something like 15 Guild Guard ap to take down a Waldgeist, so they can prevent you from interacting quite effectively.

That's why Lucius is the obvious master choice. Interact while engaged, kill nothing! Just drain their will in the blood of guardsmen! :D

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

That reach would certainly be a problem.  I'd have to see it. (They are def 6 too right?)

Only df 5.

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

That's why Lucius is the obvious master choice. Interact while engaged, kill nothing! Just drain their will in the blood of guardsmen! :D

Only df 5.

OH LOOK, A 1 WD Guardsman. IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF SOMEONE WOULD KILL HIM FOR A FREE STONE IN PUBLIC EXECUTION :P

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Oddly, just having LJ, or Perdita around to do the killing for you can solve a lot of these problems.

That seems very counter to my master plan of not killing anything? 

Although a team type of deal with Lucius, Perdita and 32 guardsmen... What a power move, you could probably win by forfeits because people can't stand your guts! :D 

Just now, 4thstringer said:

This is contrary to Guild approved doctrine.  Please report to the reeducation center to learn about "regretful but necessary killing"

I have actually been getting more and more certain that Guild was an insanely bad faction pick for me since I started dabbling in other factions. :'( 

12 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I have actually been getting more and more certain that Guild was an insanely bad faction pick for me since I started dabbling in other factions. :'( 

I just have to take a break from Guild after a while. I first dabbled into Kaeris. Then I dabbled into Hamelin. Now I`m back at Guild :)

27 minutes ago, trikk said:

I just have to take a break from Guild after a while. I first dabbled into Kaeris. Then I dabbled into Hamelin. Now I`m back at Guild :)

Kaeris is pretty bad and Hamelin causes ass cancer in both players. There are also more attractive alternatives.

• Haha 1