Expanding from Seamus

emiba

Hi, super new player here. I've just started and for Resurrectionists I only have the Seamus box set and a box of Necropunks. In order to be able to add a bit of options I'm looking at expanding. I'm looking at getting another master box and one or possibly two smaller boxes.

My current idea is to go for McMourning and Bete Noir. Any opinions or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carrion Emissary and a box of mindless zombies can boost well seamus..

Also bete noire is a good choise expecially in some killing schemes or strategies 

I don't know for mc mourning box because from his box you can use sometimes (with seamus) sebastian and nurses generally

But since there are a very good players here, i give the floor to them;)

You desperately need dead doxies and a nurse. For me, one doxy is a staple in almost any crew, and Seamus can summon them with a discount (as if they were 5 ss models)

Carrion Emissary is never a bad choice, but then, as Teddy Bear already stated, you will also need a box of mindless zombies (although you can play Emissary without them, they're by no means indispensable for Seamus, albeit usefull).

If you want to expand into spirit branch, Datsue-Ba works pretty well with Seamus, but then you will have to buy Gakis and Onryos, which come in Kirai's box...so that's probably not the best idea if you don't have a tons of money to spend on minis.

Hanged work well with bubble of death Sinister Reputation Seamus, as their attacks benefit from his lowering people's Wp, and he benefits from all the Wp tests they'll then fail as they are attacked. They also remove people's immunity to horror within 4", so even more Wp duels that they might fail.  Yin also targets Wp, and can put people on negative flips for Wp duels. Add to that Bishop who can choose to target Wp with his Ml attack and there are some synergies to explore.

With bag of tools teleporty Seamus he is off doing his own thing with the CCK, so you want models that can be useful on their own. I personally use his box set and the models that have already been suggested by the other posters, and of course the necropunks you already have.

Ok, I think I've reached a decision to go with McMourning crew box, Bete Noir and Dead Doxies. This is a combination of what's been said here and the Building on a budget post from Schemes and Stones. The reasoning is that the McMourning crew would give access to a bunch of useful models as well as a second master to my Resurrectionists collection.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a crew with McMourning as master with the suggested models?

• Seamus box
  • McMourning box
  • Necropunks
  • Dead Doxies
  • Bete Noir

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

On 6/25/2017 at 9:59 PM, emiba said:

Ok, I think I've reached a decision to go with McMourning crew box, Bete Noir and Dead Doxies. This is a combination of what's been said here and the Building on a budget post from Schemes and Stones. The reasoning is that the McMourning crew would give access to a bunch of useful models as well as a second master to my Resurrectionists collection.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a crew with McMourning as master with the suggested models?

• Seamus box
  • McMourning box
  • Necropunks
  • Dead Doxies
  • Bete Noir

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

You actually have a pretty functional McMourning crew there already.

I'd look at something of this nature:

McMourning (7ss cache)
-Moonlighting
-Plastic Surgery
-Decaying Aura (I just really love this on him, but you can elect to save the points)

Dead Chihuahua

Sebastian
-Those are not ours

Nurse

2x Necropunks

2x Belles

Bete Noir

Here's the deal though, you will need some proxies. Moonlighting summons flesh constructs (of which you already have one, but you'll want two probably) but you also summon canine remains to anything that dies from poison. So you'll need a couple of those. 

Nurse is indispensable with McM and belles can be swapped to doxies if you want (or one of each); you have the stones to do so.

This is a good shell list for updating in the future as well as the necropunks could be crooligans or canine remains or guild autopsies.  The belles can be doxies or a guild lawyer if you're so inclined. Bete Noir can be upgraded to a carrion emmissary and still leave you at 5 cache... plenty of options :D