Purchase guide for Asami?

esqulax

I have a friend who is considering getting Asami, and I was just wondering what people are considering the essentials for her? 

Also, he was considering seeing if he could buy some single oni from people who have bought the boxes with three to save money, but are there any of her summons where more than one is needed? 

Thank you for your help :)

Asami has a kit of synergy with Oni, so getting Yasunori and ama no zako cannot hurt. I recommend getting all the summons and I regularly summon more than one of a given model. Some people hire two Akaname for corpse tech and I guess 3 Yokai are needed, if not more. Putting two Jorogumu in your enemie's face will be rare, but I have done it and it is extremely annoying for your opponent. 

Besides the obvious Oni I'd say get the usual 10T staples. You maybe don't need the brothers that badly because you got yokai, but they are awesome. For some ranged threat I often take snipers but samurai or pathfinder also do the trick. Other models I find myself looking at fairly regularly are the Emissary for support and damage, Yu for tricky support, kamaitachi if I have upgrade cycling, the effigy fuel cheap activations, Master support and resilience and finally low river monks as cheap activations, scheme marker tech, healing and condition removal - they are awesome! As soon as they are out I think terracotta warriors will become one of these staples. 

• Like 2

I've seen a couple of guides online. 

Here:

https://schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/building-on-a-budget-ten-thunders/

And here:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/201097

Neither give consistent advice, though (obsidian oni, ama no zako & mr tannen; vs obsidian oni, jorogumo & pathfinder). Maybe just start with obsidian oni and go from there?

• Like 1