modeling the Steam Trunk

AllElf

So I am brand new to Malifaux but not modeling and table top gaming (Warmachine, Guild Ball, etc.) 

I picked up Von Schill box as my first crew and all the remaining Freikorps models.

Steam Trunk has 33 parts and a real pesky model to build - especially the tank treads. I have searched on YouTube for a how to do video with no luck.

Does anyone have a good link for me to watch or recommendations?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Ray said:

I often wonder why not just include the instructions into our boxes? I end up having to print it on my own when I'm working far from a computer or tablet 

I believe the usual response is two fold:

1.  It turns in to waste paper for those who don't need it.

2.  The instructions that can be posted on-line can be better than the instructions that can be printed and included in the boxes without getting in to multiple folded sheets.

with a side of:

3.  It's traditional not to include instructions, dating back to the era of metal figures.

The only Wyrd figures that include assembly instructions that I can think of is the Puppet Wars Unstitched box, and I think it's part of the demonstration why the other boxes don't have instructions in them.  Puppet Wars has essentially a double sided folding poster with all of the instructions for the figures, and they're still below standard typical for model kits.

Edit: Correction to the above: 'currently includes assembly instructions'.  

Edited by solkan

20 minutes ago, solkan said:

I believe the usual response is two fold:

1.  It turns in to waste paper for those who don't need it.

2.  The instructions that can be posted on-line can be better than the instructions that can be printed and included in the boxes without getting in to multiple folded sheets.

with a side of:

3.  It's traditional not to include instructions, dating back to the era of metal figures.

The only Wyrd figure that include assembly instructions that I can think of is the Puppet Wars Unstitched box, and I think it's part of the demonstration why the other boxes don't have instructions in them.  Puppet Wars has essentially a double sided folding poster with all of the instructions for the figures, and they're still below standard typical for model kits.

Not entirely correct; most if not all the early plastics had instructions. It at least all that I bought around that time did... They stopped with it sometimes before Crossroa I think, and cost and convenience was most likely the biggest factor...

2 hours ago, tmod said:

Not entirely correct; most if not all the early plastics had instructions. It at least all that I bought around that time did... They stopped with it sometimes before Crossroa I think, and cost and convenience was most likely the biggest factor...

Okay, corrected the post a bit.  I've never seen one of the fabled printed instruction sheets outside of the Unstitched box.  

Does this mean that there are fabled rail worker assembly instructions to be found somewhere (like a sufficiently old Rail Crew box), or instructions in an Avatar of Amalgamation boxed set if I find one?  :huh:

5 hours ago, solkan said:

Okay, corrected the post a bit.  I've never seen one of the fabled printed instruction sheets outside of the Unstitched box.  

Does this mean that there are fabled rail worker assembly instructions to be found somewhere (like a sufficiently old Rail Crew box), or instructions in an Avatar of Amalgamation boxed set if I find one?  :huh:

Probably. I bought both of those kits way back when, so if they came with instructions they should be about somewhere ;I tend not to throw away those kind of things. Trouble is, I haven't come across paper instructions in a few years, so I can't recall where I used to put them. :-/

The plan for the weekend is to tidy up my hobby room, and if I get around to it I guess I'll find them. No promises though, work has been rather hectic and I need to work through large parts of the weekend...