Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EpicWaffle

Time to kick porks and chug moonshine, and I'm all out of moonshine

30 posts in this topic

Engaging sometimes works, depending on the board. If they are in a vantage point or some form of cover near them, then you can often place yourself in a posiiton that pushing either isn't possible (becasue it has to be directly away from a model engaging it), or that means they no longer have LOS to the place they want to shoot. 

I'm going to assume that the Trappers are far enough away that they need to focus to hit you. If they are nearer, then you can probably kill them with volume of shooting. In which case they have 1 shot each, that will probably hit and do a straight damage flip. They need severe damage (or a ram) to kill a bayou gremlin, so that's more resources he is spending. What critical models in your crew have 5 or fewer wounds? 

Alternatively you can load up your pigapult with normal pigs and consider focus to get a cheatable daamge flip. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Engaging sometimes works, depending on the board. If they are in a vantage point or some form of cover near them, then you can often place yourself in a posiiton that pushing either isn't possible (becasue it has to be directly away from a model engaging it), or that means they no longer have LOS to the place they want to shoot. 

I'm going to assume that the Trappers are far enough away that they need to focus to hit you. If they are nearer, then you can probably kill them with volume of shooting. In which case they have 1 shot each, that will probably hit and do a straight damage flip. They need severe damage (or a ram) to kill a bayou gremlin, so that's more resources he is spending. What critical models in your crew have 5 or fewer wounds? 

Alternatively you can load up your pigapult with normal pigs and consider focus to get a cheatable daamge flip. 

This was the idea,

if they're in plain sight,won't be too hard for me to get them, while if in cover I can force a push o a non favorable position.

Thanks for the tips :)

So, had a tournament yesterday, but unluckily I had a rough day the day before, so I had hard times keeping the focus up, and ended up with 2 ties and a win, achving 5th place :( a good occasion to do better next time (I have a team tournament next Sunday), and maybe sleep more than 3 hours :D 

Anyway, I had the occasion to play Somer 2 times in a row, and Zipp once. The Somer list I used is the one I reported a couple of posts ago, and it goes something like this:

Somer (d.c., do over, family tree) 4ss

2xskeeters

3x Bayou gremlins

1 Lighting bug

Pigapult

3x stuffeds

Merris 

Burt (d.c.)

First games as against a Perdita and went "meh", I forgot Ffm was in the pool and gave my opponent 3 free points :( luckily, using the number advantage I recovered the points with set up and killed 4 models of his crew (Santiago, 2 dogs and Nino), but his Perdita and Francois managed to prevent 18 damages with 6 soulstones! I though I witnessed  a miracle :D ended up with a tie, but mainly, luck aside, I made a lot of mistakes. List worked great tho, since I'm exctraction is quite easy to outnumber the opponent and force him to come out of cover to stay in the 6" bubble, and claim jump+ set up is quite easy to achieve if your opponent can't outnumber you.

Game 2 was with Zipp (another tie, next time I need to remember that Archie needs to go down ASAP  if nicodem is right behind him :D ), so on to Game 3 we go. Here, the start was Interference, and I took leave your mark and claim jump as schemes, closing the game 9-4 against a Lilith. You can't go wrong with Somer in a match up like this, with Merris scoring two schemes at a time and parachuted bayous tying up quarters. The pigapult is also quite lethal against Neverborn, having most of their models at df5 and hard to wound as defense (not like you could cheat damages anyway). 

Over alla good test, I'm starting to get used to the pigapult, and I think I'll stick to this list for a while, so that I get the feeling of it. One thing I really have hard times is keeping the summoning engine up for more than a turn, so I should try that in a "passive game", otherwise I can't let my opponent advance while I wait in the back summoning. The pigapult and Burt are a good deterrent, but a good player will know how to get around them, making it necessary to go out and defend the territory :) still, I can see it's uses, and I'll have to give it a go.

1 person likes this

So, I didn't want to start a new and since i made this one earlie this month, I'll start from here :) I've decided to go balls deep into Somer again, since he's without a doubt the master I have more fun with over any other in the faction, and I really wanna get good with him. So, in order to do so, I was thinking it would be a good idea to collect my expiriences here, as a sort of journal, where I can get some feedback by anyone wishing to participate :D 

Right now, I'm kinda experimenting with new/old models to sorta get the feel of where i want to go crew wise (Alex Schmid's youtube channel gave me a bunch of awesome ideas and clarifications too) but the models on which I'm foucssing more are:

Merris: her 1 ap ability that let's you see what cards are on the top of your deck is so awfoully good! Main concern I have with Somer (if I plan to summon) is to flip a BJ on the Do it like this action and even tho you can mitigate this with Skeeters, it's better just to be sure you're gonna get it no matter how and save the skeeters ap for something else. Also, now that i started playing her more, I'm having hard times leaving her behind with any master, cause she's so awesome at scheeming and can burn down huge models like Teddy, Archie etc! Over all, an almost auto include.

Burt & Fingers: not much to say here, they're amazing :D 

Francois: I've always loved to pay this guy, since even tho he looks like he's an easy concept behind (gameplay-wise), using him properly, selecting the right target etc. really shines over someone just throwing him at the 1 big target that shows off. I'm also starting to be more conservative with his dumb luck, using it as more of a ''finishing move''.

Pigapult: I hated this model, cause when I first bought it, back when i started playing, he seemed so awesome! But than, anyone had Perdita or Levi, and simply killed it turn 2 with no efforts.... MMMMMMMMH :angry: Now, i started to play it again, not as a fixed model but in the right context, and I'm quite impressed on how usefull it is! Definetly will be sing it more often.

Gracie: She's quite expansive, but in the right context rocks the house. I'm not so easy on bringing her by, but at the same time i recognize the potential behind her and a granted Ram on her Ml. Also a useful taxi for Somer if you're planning to shoot a lot.

Iron Skeeters: Now, I'm not sure if I like these models. They are made of paper, and go down in a hit a lot of times, but provide with a lot of mobility/utility for the team if well placed. Poorly handled explosives is also brutal with bayous >:)

5ss models: Alex Schmid has a really cool video on this topic, where he debate on how many, and whom you're supposed to use among the 5ss models in faction and one thing stood out the most for me as a good rule of thumb: want one healer? Lighitng bug. Two? Slop Haulers. Both are amazing models, bigs for their versatility, and slops for their resourceless healing and awesome offensive capabilities, but you need two of them for a fully healed bayou group, where you just need a bug for it (tho you need the mask and to hit something). Banjonistas seem quite intresting, tho i need to try them before giving out conclusions; might be worth to kill a bayou with a bug for healing 5 of them and drawing 3 cards, thanks to Somer aura+ Banjonista one, and the condition they dish out seems quite impressive! No rekless tho..

I already reported the lists I'm working with before so for now that's all :) hope this will get someone intrested, and any feed back is well recived :D 

1 person likes this

Had an headhunter game yesterday against a Titania and used this list:

Somer (family tree, liquid bravery, dirty cheater) 6ss 

2x skeeters

1 lighting bug

1 Slop hauler

3 bayous

Francois (dirty cheater and do over)

Fingers (show off, do over)

as schemes I took undercover entourage with Somer as a target (which worked great, considering how mobile he is with his Df trigger and how much he can heal) and Show of force (fingers did it solo, since he had no ups on models aside his emissary), ending 9/7 for me :) 

Having both a lighting bug and a Slop is not that bad if you don't need a 6/7ss extra model, since you have both a full heal for turn one summoning, and than a reliable source of healing for your crew (without forgetting both models offensive potentials). Other great stuff is liquid bravery delivered via skeeters, which makes it really frustrating for a Neverborn/Resurrectionist player. On the other hand, I took show off so that I had a way to deny an eventual kill (he had dig their graves) tho I used it only once, and it's quite expansive (2aps and an 8) so I don't know if I'll use it more often (definetly a wasted slot if equipped to Somer, since he can get better ups imo). Also, I used Bayou more offensively giving the fact that I had no schemes to run (and I was positive about fingers not dying, since I used all stones for him), and the little fellas sure hurts when they start to focus on shooting.

1 person likes this