Let's talk about cool stuff in Titania's box (Was: Critique my Titania List (with S&S))

Ergonomic Cat

So, I got Titania yesterday, and I'm planning to play her in a couple days.

I'm facing Ressers.  Our pool is Headhunter, Framed for Murder, Claim Jump, Leave Your Mark, Undercover Entourage, Search the Ruins.

My plan is to bring this:

Titania (Audience with the Queen, Behold My Glory, Forest Claims All)

Primordial Magic

Mature Nephilim w/1,000 Faces.

Lelu w/Satisfying Punishment

Lilitu w/1,000 Faces

The Claw

The Thorn

I'm planning to take Claim Jump and Search the Ruins.  

My reasoning:

Audience with the Queen and Behold My Glory seem fantastic on Titania.  Forest Claims All seems tailor made to hose Ressers.

Primordial Magic for the cards, and a tricksy score if necessary.

Mature Neph as a semi-budget beater (I had Nekima, but needed the points.  I'm considering Barbaros, but I'm not sure he does enough damage)

Lilitu for the Lure, because 4" melee means a large area that can't be interacted within, and cause Lilith.

Lelu for the Pounce - I don't love him, but considering how many Lures I'll have, it seems like he'll get a fair amount of use out of it.

Claw and Thorn for scheme marker *everywhere* plus Lures.  

My idea is that this crew can pull things out of position, murder them, and pick up the heads outside of other models interaction range.  I considered a Doppleganger instead of Lelu for "Don't mind me" and to copy all the good stuff, but I really want a pounce to take advantage of all the lures.  I also considered a Terror Tot, and putting Rapid Growth on the Nephilim, but that seems too gimmicky.

It seems a little top heavy and only has 7 models against a faction that is likely to be summoning, I'd be seriously concerned by the number of activation's especially with no paralyze tricks in the crew.

Your also lacking any dedicated scheme runners and while you might be able to score claim jump it seems like a gamble with this list, if you stick to this list consider frame for murder as an alternative depending on which master your opponent takes.

What are you expecting your opponent to run?, I'd have serious concerns regarding the hanged and maybe the student of sinew especially with no taproot.

I've only played my opponent a couple times - once was Seamus and the Belles, once was Nicodem. 

Do you really need scheme runners with Titania? It seems like I'll have markers aplenty, but I'm all theorycraft on her so far. 

Also, I was 4ss short.  So I swapped Audience with the Queen for Taproot and then put a Terror Tot in.

If you take two scheme marker focused schemes -especially one where the scheme markers are not allowed to be with x of enemy models -( and especially when out numbered) then yes I would suggest having dedicated runners, even if it's a couple of gupps or a silurid.

Titania and her thematic/fluff models will easily increase the success potential of search the ruins however be aware that if your counters get bunched up this will nullify the success of this scheme.

Also don't forget that Titania will also discard scheme markers to increase damage as well.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference as I find myself using the Thorn less than the other two.
While rg3 is not something to be ignored I feel the other two have better 0 pt actions and the claw also offers a ranged option.
I tend to view positive damage flips as one of the best bonus' you can have in Malifaux so would certainly pick that over an additional attack, when combined with the ability to hand out negative defence flips for me at least there is no competition. 
I also like the model for the thorn least of the three.

• Like 1

Good list. I've had a few games against ressers now and I would definitely warn you to avoid any beater with decaying aura as this really screws Titania over. Definitely take Search the Ruins as Titania is great for getting scheme markers in the middle and her 0 action can remove your opponents attempt to do the same. 

Thorn is without doubt the best of the three. Her ability to pull in models like Izamu and just rip him to shreds with a pos flip to damage that ignores armour is sooo good. I've not tried Lelu with Titania yet and I don't really see the use for him. I'd drop him and M.Nephilim for Nekima and an Insidious Madness to either bluff Leave your mark, or do Leave your mark lol.

Nekima is a great target for Queen's Champion but it can take work to get it on her. I've had more success by putting Fears Given Form on Nekima and Titania as Ressers have low Df and FGF ignores the Hard to Wound. 

Primordial Magic is always a good choice. However, with Nekima and Thorn providing card draw I have been trying out the Gorar and it's really good when you can just re-summon a minion. Or your opponent will have to burn Ap to get rid of it early. 

I'd probably swap out the Claw for Doppleganger for obvious synergies with Nekima and would help you prevent giving the full 3 points for Frame for murder. Also a great target for Retributions eye if you suspect armour. 

Lilitu works well if you are going to take Queens Champion as it allows you to isolate an easy to kill model for your beater. If you take Doppleganger you can make that model walk five times up to Nekima. 

Mature is a great choice for Queens champion. ++ve flips on attack and armour 2 make him excellent for laying down a beating and soaking it up (to an extent). I would give him Retributions Eye rather than Thousand Faces. It means you're more able to take out masters with dirty defensive triggers (Molly etc).

Personally I'd drop Lelu and Lilitu and take either a couple of Insidious Madness or 1 Insidious Madness and a couple of Gupps. You already have 2 lures with the knights so don't really need a third and you don't really have any scheme runners. The gupps leap will be great for getting to heads leaving you with the AP to pick them up or attack.

If you're going against ressers you might also want to think about getting Aeslin in there. Here ability to stop pushes/places will shut down any Rotten Belle nonsense. She'd also give you more ranged scheme marker dropping meaning you don't actually need to get up close to whatever your opponent throws at you.

4 hours ago, Scotuki said:

I've not tried Lelu with Titania yet and I don't really see the use for him. 

Lelu's job is to give Pounce to Lilitu, so that when she and Thorn and Tooth/Claw lure people, Lilitu is getting a free attack each time it happens. If Lelu can get a pounce too, that's helpful. With 3+ Lures a turn, putting Lilitu on +flips and taking pounces worked pretty well for me. 

52 minutes ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

Lelu's job is to give Pounce to Lilitu, so that when she and Thorn and Tooth/Claw lure people, Lilitu is getting a free attack each time it happens. If Lelu can get a pounce too, that's helpful. With 3+ Lures a turn, putting Lilitu on +flips and taking pounces worked pretty well for me. 

I found that the lure + Pounce setup didn't work as well with Titania. She couldn't really add anything to it other than sitting behind and putting up behold my glory so the enemy model can't really attack the lurers.

For that setup you'd be better taking them with Zoraida so you can use her obey to get the +ve's to all duels on Lilitu and Lelu leaving them to do the lures/attacking.

With Titania you'd be looking to get more scheme markers down so she can do her thing with them and bring in models to help or increase that, such as Insidious Madness or Sorrows.

1 hour ago, feagaur said:

I found that the lure + Pounce setup didn't work as well with Titania. She couldn't really add anything to it other than sitting behind and putting up behold my glory so the enemy model can't really attack the lurers.

For that setup you'd be better taking them with Zoraida so you can use her obey to get the +ve's to all duels on Lilitu and Lelu leaving them to do the lures/attacking.

With Titania you'd be looking to get more scheme markers down so she can do her thing with them and bring in models to help or increase that, such as Insidious Madness or Sorrows.

I think you're right.  The entire box is new for me, so I think I'm conflating Titania with Titania's crew box. ;)

Fae Knight(s) + the Twins is what I really like.  The fact that Titania makes the Knights better with Taproots is good, but it's not key to the thing I like.

Especially since I ended up last minute in a 3 player 35ss game, so I had to drop down to 2 knights, the twins, and Titania + Totem.

I do feel like Titania, like Lilith, slots really well in to a ton of different types of crews - she seems to make whatever she's with at least some what better, and is a threat (either for VP or damage) on her own.

the knights + twins is still pretty good you just really only need tooth for that and maybe thorn for the card draw and armor ignore. i recently played this combo and it worked better than i figured it would but does take the first turn to get into a good spot to utilize it. when i did this i did come across the problem of titania taking a back seat for a turn until i realized what i should have been doing.

also consider using a wicked doll for its (0) action to use on the twins. having an additional :+fate to attack actions on top of lilitu's :+fate helps out alot with the pounce attacks.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, feagaur said:

I would give him Retributions Eye rather than Thousand Faces. 

But you can just switch from Thousand Faces to ret's eye if you need it? That's the point of the upgrade, to grab whichever situational upgrade you need after seeing the enemy crew. Why would you ever take Ret's Eye over it if you could end up in a position where Ret's Eye is completely useless when you could have swapped Thousand Faces for Malifaux Provides, or Mimic's Blessing or even Pact and not have completely wasted that stone?

• Like 1

I played a very similar game last night, except Eliminate the Leadership was in the pool and took this list. Worked really well for me. 

Titania w/Queens Champ, Audience and Aether Connection

Nekima w/Malifaux Provides

Dopple w/Thousand Faces

Lilith

Primordial Magic

Silirid 

Rougarou

I never take the Mature, for a couple point more Nekima is so much better. More versatile, stronger, heals, uses soulstones.. no comparison. And I also never take Lelu. Sure he gives you pounce, but Lilitu is min damage 1, so who cares about doing damage with her.. There is the possibility of the paralyze trigger, but once something is lured in, Nekima tag teams in and rocks it. Save the points I say with him, get Nekima back in there, and have room to play with other models.