Ho Ho Faux - 4th December - Wayland Games

Clousseau

I've put another 8 tickets for this on sale, this will take us to the maximum (28 players who'd have thunk it) so if you want to come along better go get a ticket ASAP - http://www.daffcon.info/store/p61/Ho_Ho_Faux_Ticket.html

Prizes galore, guilders, foil cards, maybe even some lovely glass trophies.  Oh and the odd Christmas present or two :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TommenRamos (MarcusRose) said:

@OldManMyke I can pay for mine and Ross baker's on the 25th. Please can you confirm that these places are secure in advance of this date. (do not wish to miss out on this event, sounds fun)

Yeah alright then, I don't normally do this but you've been good supporters of both Davids and my events this year so will cut you a break

• Like 1

The first scenario for Ho Ho Faux goes something like this :)

-----------

Chapter One

In which our heroes go green as they roam the streets of the city looking for recyclables.

You have recently read an article in the Tattler that talks about how all the best people are doing what’s called ‘upcycling’.  You know you are one of the best people so it’s only fit and proper that you do some and with Christmas coming up what better time to take some old tat, spruce it up a bit and then give it to someone you vaguely like.  To this end, and at frankly great expense, you have acquired a schematic for the greatest Christmas present ever.  Now you just need to get the few bits and bobs you need.

Unfortunately, it seems that some others (who obviously aspire to being the best sort of people but look like riff raff to you) are getting in your way.  Well that’s just not in the spirit of Christmas.

SETUP

This game will use STANDARD deployment and will use standard 50ss crews.

Each player has a set of 6 component tokens and a sealed envelope containing their schematic.  DO NOT open the envelope until told.   Before the game starts take it in turns to place a component token face down on the table.  Decide who places first in any mutually agreeable manner.  Tokens may not be placed in deployment areas and must be placed at least 4 inches from any other token. You must place 3 of your tokens on the opponents’ side of the table.

Once the tokens are placed you will be able to open the envelope and read your schematic.  It will list 6 items that you need to get to make your Christmas present.

To pick up a token take a (1) Interact Action whilst in base contact with it and reveal its type to both players.  The model is then considered to have picked it up.  Models may only carry one token.  No pack mules!

Models carrying tokens will try to carry them off any edge of the board.  Models moving off the table may not return. 

Models killed whilst carrying a token will drop the token in base to base contact with themselves before being removed.

SCORING

·      Collecting 1 item on your schematic scores you 1VP

·      Collecting 3 items on your schematic scores you 2VP

·      Collecting 5 items on your schematic scores you 3VP

·      Collecting all 6 items on your schematic scores you 4VP

Note on your schematic which component was carried by which model, you will need this information in Chapter Two

• Like 1

I have a question.

was playing a game the other day and it was mentioned.

some of my models while glued together are only blue tacked onto the bases till I could finish them and do the inserts/paint the bases.  under the event it says about glued models I wanted to check is this ok or do I have to ensure those models are glued to the bases?

• Like 1

Thank you for a very fun event

Anyone who attended ho ho faux on Sunday 4th at wayland games would you be kind to check your cards as I am missing:
Desolation engine
Rusty alyce...
8x abominations
Ashes and dust
Ashen core
Dust devil

I have checked with wayland games and nothing was handed in.

Thank you

• Like 1