Henchman Hardcore TT lists

hydranixx

In the Arcanists board, there's a thread of lists for the Henchman Hardcore format that I find quite interesting. I figured I'd commence one here, because as much as I was excited for what Kang could do in this format, he isn't a true Arcanist. 

I wondered if anyone here in Ten Thunders might like to share HH lists?

Izamu is pretty disgusting in henchman hardcore.

I personally enjoy Kang, and did quite well with a list of Kang, Izamu (+Smoke Grenades), Rail Worker, and a Wastrel.  Basically Kang and Izamu held their own  (Izamu protected from ranged attacks by smoke grenades), Wastrel was either ranged damage or some healing from it's (2) action, and rail worker was pretty much there for extra damage.

I thought it would also be fun to run something ridiculous like Toshiro, Izamu, Yin, and a clockwork trap, simply because I think the core group of those 3 ancestors can be pretty beefy in low SS games.

I have a HH tourney coming up in a week or so, and i think i may go with this:

Oftoto w/ call thunder 3 ss cache

Sidir w/ promises

Chiaki w/ pull of the grave

Clock work trap

Trying to slow everything, then beat it to death w/ Ototo. Works well with McCabe, should be able to handle this. 

You still have a 6 card hand in HH right? Wouldn't be too effective then I think. Especially with no distract in the pool n stuff. 

I've been trying to come up with a nice list with Huggy because he's really fun, but he doesn't seem too reliable with the whole assassinate-thing.

So far I've come up with either;

Huggy - Addict, Recalled Training

2x Illuminated

Shadow Effigy

Or

Huggy

Ama no Zako

Yin

Clockwork Trap

+an upgrade somewhere (probably recalled on ama)

I never used Dragon Stone. Is it a bit of a waste of stones that are better spent on damage prevention or could you actually use it to get Huggy to functioning Df levels instead of a RT?

I can see Aether Connection but with only 20 ss to spend and Assassinate and Turf War in the pool I don't think you can fit in a Beckoner. Maaaybe a Depleted but with the - to an attack on Huggy I can trigger whenever and the Ml 7 to tie models up with just long enough for Huggy/Illuminated to get to them I feel the Effigy helps a bit better with survival. 

Still though, I'd prefer the more TT-y suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Rise, rise my Thredion....

No, but seriosly. We have a HH coming up and have been running through some lists, and since we do have a thread, I'd rather use it. Kang seems very powerfull with the auras he provides, so will probably take him as the leader. With the inclusion of Yasunori, he would the FU choice, so gonna leave him home since there will be lot's of newer players attending.

1. The FU-list: Kang - Yasunori - Monk of lowriver - Wastrel

Wastrel provides a nice target for Yasunori's Kodoku while still providing some healing. Double lowriver might be more durable, but would lose in damage potential. Also don't have double low river, only single. :D Anyways, this is the most OP I can think of, so not gonna take it.

2. The list I might play: Sidir(Promises, peacefull waters) - Kang(hard worker)  - monk of low river - rail worker

All are immune to horror duels while in Kangs aura, Kang, Sidir and low river can heal, armor penetration from the "hard worker" while I get + to ML and WP from the promises. Also Kangs aura for the undead and constructs. Also I can send Kang in to preserve my leader(Sidir)

3. The unknown: Kang(peacefull waters) - Loneswordman - Ohaguro bettari - monk of lowriver

I know, I know, Loneswordman begs for the recalled training, but this is for the training camp so going in wanting to see how this performs. I know gremlins have gained popularity around here, so looking to see how ohaguro will block their Squee's :D If only we had some 3SS minion to toss in. Though, low river sounds good with healing and condition removal.

What are your opinions about the lists and the current meta?

A couple of lists I've used with great effect are:

Kang + RT + Peaceful Waters

Izamu + RT

2x Low River Monks

Izamu is a tank then you add four heals from LRM per round and he's very hard to kill for most crews.  Plus you have good condition removal if you need it.  The only times I've lost Izamu with this list is to Red Jokers.  I've considered swapping out one LRM and the RT from Kang for a Terracotta Warrior, that could give Izamu insurance from Red Joker damage.

...AND

Kang

Shadow Emissary + Shadow Conflux

2x Rail Workers.

There might have been another upgrade in there.  I don't remember (and I'm to lazy to look up) the exact point values.  I only tried this one once, it was devastating.  I didn't know it when I picked my crew, but my opponent was a resser player.  Two of his models were undead and two were incorporeal.  The SE mopped up the incorporeal models, while the rest of the crew destroyed the two undead.  Shadow Conflux +; Kang +/+ vs undead; Rail Workers + from (0) = +++/+ for Rail Workers.  Probably not the best test run, but I still think its a solid crew.

EDIT: Removed RT from Kang.  That's what I get for doing things from memory. :)

10 hours ago, MrDeathTrout said:

A couple of lists I've used with great effect are:

Kang + RT + Peaceful Waters

Izamu + RT

2x Low River Monks

Izamu is a tank then you add four heals from LRM per round and he's very hard to kill for most crews.  Plus you have good condition removal if you need it.  The only times I've lost Izamu with this list is to Red Jokers.  I've considered swapping out one LRM and the RT from Kang for a Terracotta Warrior, that could give Izamu insurance from Red Joker damage.

...AND

Kang + RT

Shadow Emissary + Shadow Conflux

2x Rail Workers.

There might have been another upgrade in there.  I don't remember (and I'm to lazy to look up) the exact point values.  I only tried this one once, it was devastating.  I didn't know it when I picked my crew, but my opponent was a resser player.  Two of his models were undead and two were incorporeal.  The SE mopped up the incorporeal models, while the rest of the crew destroyed the two undead.  Shadow Conflux +; Kang +/+ vs undead; Rail Workers + from (0) = +++/+ for Rail Workers.  Probably not the best test run, but I still think its a solid crew.

Emissary is 10 stones and rail workers are 5 a piece. Kang shouldn't be able to have RT.

• Like 1

My undefeated crew consists of:

Ama

Yin

Chiaki

Komainu

I usually put Chiaki's upgrade on her to slow enemies but equality or some other 1 cost upgrade can work.  The big kicker is using Yin's 0 action to give Gnawing Fear and then cast at them with her built in trigger that doesn't allow the enemy to walk or charge.  So with terrifying, manipulative and all the casting actions in the crew, you're going to be putting some hurt on someone - usually their beater like Killjoy or Johan (or even Nekima!).  I take Ama because she has her Hazardous Terrain to do passive damage, hits like a truck if she connects, has an obey and has a trigger to heal.  Can be very survivable if Yin manages to tie up the enemy's beater, which usually happens. 

Also, the Komainu usually dies but targets WP (more Gnawing Fear fun) with a good damage track and gets built in trigger to slow or burn when beside Chiaki or Yin.  

3 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

My undefeated crew consists of:

Ama

Yin

Chiaki

Komainu

I usually put Chiaki's upgrade on her to slow enemies but equality or some other 1 cost upgrade can work.  The big kicker is using Yin's 0 action to give Gnawing Fear and then cast at them with her built in trigger that doesn't allow the enemy to walk or charge.  So with terrifying, manipulative and all the casting actions in the crew, you're going to be putting some hurt on someone - usually their beater like Killjoy or Johan (or even Nekima!).  I take Ama because she has her Hazardous Terrain to do passive damage, hits like a truck if she connects, has an obey and has a trigger to heal.  Can be very survivable if Yin manages to tie up the enemy's beater, which usually happens. 

Also, the Komainu usually dies but targets WP (more Gnawing Fear fun) with a good damage track and gets built in trigger to slow or burn when beside Chiaki or Yin.  

Can confirm the annoyingness of this crew, although I think if our game hadn't ended so soon I would have been able to pull out the win instead of our tie.

On 8/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, twibs said:

1. The FU-list: Kang - Yasunori - Monk of lowriver - Wastrel

Wastrel provides a nice target for Yasunori's Kodoku while still providing some healing. Double lowriver might be more durable, but would lose in damage potential. Also don't have double low river, only single. :D Anyways, this is the most OP I can think of, so not gonna take it.

I hope to never see this list see the light of day, or any variations thereof. All the same, in the name of theorycrafting... I introduce this cancer: 

Ohaguro Bettari + RT+PW
Yasunori + RT
Wastrel or Monk of Low River (leaning towards Monk for cheap removal of conditions)
Clockwork Trap

Kang is amazing, but I think Bettari's ability to negate defensive triggers and convert any 11+ card in your hand to 6 damage as long as you hit is downright gross. She is sort of fragile, but on her big RT turn, she has a very real chance of deleting anything that could hurt her, plus the boost to her Df flips coupled with ss consumption might suffice to keep her alive long enough to hit a second time (which is probably enough to close the game out, to be honest).

Meanwhile Yasunori himself can rely on his :+fates to get the job done regardless of your control hand. His RT turn can be enough to demolish an entire crew outright, especially since Ohaguri's presence gets around any trigger that had a chance to stop him.

The biggest downside to this crew is that the trap can't soak an activation, and admittedly this is a big deal on turn 1 when you're jostling for positions for turn 2. But, given the insane charge range coupled with either Flight or Bettari's ability to go through literally everything, you should easily be capable of unleashing wholesale slaughter with one or both of them all the same.

Ototo seems kind of interesting for more casual lists. Usually he just gets ignored by the opponent, but with Assassinate in the pool, they probably will feel obliged to go after him, which just makes him go apeshit if they fall short of the mark.

Recalled Training, Misdirection and two cheap healers, then dare your opponent to attack him? More muscle from Lone Swordsman with Recalled Training rounds out the 20ss.

• Like 1