Looking to start Ramos, shopping list?

NeverEnding

My problem with the Metal Gamin is that I have to take at least 2-3 to get any use out of them at all for protection. I could do that, or I could being another elite model ans summon spiders. And adding +1 Df is cheaper for those models I might want to protect.

It isn't that they are bad, just that I haven't been able to make them work well with Ramos. YMMV.

I've gotten decent use off a single Metal Gamin with Ramos before with protect territory. I have him hang mid field with Ramos to guard a protect territory scheme marker, while he is doing so he's helping Ramos with the spider factory by giving Ramos Df 6 with Protection of Metal, and using his 0 to mag one of the three newly minted spiders for scrap, then usually his last AP for a cardless defensive stance. Or a reposition after magging the spider.

Using the gamin's zero for the spider kill free's up Ramos' zero that, instead of magging the spider himself can be used to summon an EC (if the upgrade was taken, of course) to block a charge lane and some scrap a turn or two down the road, or whatnot.

If going up against Hoffman, or Levi, or any crew with constructs for that matter, as stated before by Sybarite, the guaranteed two wounds using mag offensively makes them that much better since it's basically a us two to any charge they may do at distance, or a mag for two wounds, then attack attack if it brings you b2b.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You could also use parts from Howard Langston and Ramos in a second starter to make an avatar of Ramos. Someone will take the spare Joss off your hands (and you could use both brass arachnids as a pair of Large Arachnids).

Brass Arachnid? Don't be silly, that model is an LSA. It just doesn't come with the right card or base :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got Ramos for Christmas. Now, I'm trying to figure out to get next for him. This is what I have so far:

Ramos

Brass Arachnid (metal)

Miss Step/Howard

Joss

9 Steam Arachnids

1 Arachnid Swarm

1 Large Arachnid (otherwise known as the Plastic Brass Arachnid stuck on a 50mm base)

1 Electrical Creation

Marcus Box Set

I want to stay away from picking more Steam Arachnids or Electrical Creations until I have a feel for how I want to play Ramos and what I need.

Some of my considerations:

Coryphees: They're constructs so they might be good with Ramos (not sure how much). Collodi (who I own) can also use them. I plan on getting Collette.

Rail Golem: It's so big.

Metal Gamin: I remember reading somewhere else that they rock with Ramos.

Any other ideas?