Dreamer and Chompy

danant

Question

In previous edition I had a good track record with the Dreamer and now when Wave 2 was made final and offiicial, just wanted to go back to one of my old favourites.

From what I see the style of playing Dreamer changed, which is not a good or bad thing...

However, I wanted to ask about one thing - let's assume that after reaching waking +4 condition, Chompy gers on the board. At the same time I bury the Dreamer. Chompy does his stuff and nedt turn, I'm taking his 0 action to unbury the Dreamer and as a result I sacrifice Chompy.

The question is - upon reaching waking +4, can I summon Chompy again? My general feeling is that I can't - he is Rare 1 model that was sacrificed. Thoughts?

25 answers to this question

Yup. A whole new Chompy appears. Rare only restricts models in lay or buried number.

There was a time that you could start with Chompy on the table, do his 3 AP and then 0 sacrifice him, get back to Waking +4 with the extra Sh action from Tantrum and summon LCB for another 3 AP for a grand total of 10 AP from what is essentially 2 models. That's gone, and I'm glad it is.

Do you get Waking +1 for summoning one Alp?

If Dreamer has the Otherworldly upgrade, may Lord Chompy Bits then activate from Accomplish, or is the Dreamer buried before his Activations ends?

Yes you get waking from summoning an alp.

No, Chompy won't activate from Accomplice because Dreamer is gone at that point from the table.

Another Question I can't seem to find an answer for on the new cards.

If I start with 3 Daydreams in my crew does the Waking start off at +3 as well?

I take it the Waking dosn't go down when you sacrifice a Daydream..Right?

No, you only get the waking condition from your daydreams when you summon them.  So starting off with 3 on the table might not be a good idea if your goal is to get to waking +4 asap

Waking does not go down by itself.  You need to either get to +4 and put Chompy on the table, or else use Dreamers ability Tucked In to reduce it by 1.

No, you only get the waking condition from your daydreams when you summon them.  So starting off with 3 on the table might not be a good idea if your goal is to get to waking +4 asap

Waking does not go down by itself.  You need to either get to +4 and put Chompy on the table, or else use Dreamers ability Tucked In to reduce it by 1.

No I can understand that, but that was not why I asked. 

I was Asking to see how fast I could get 3 alps and 3 Daydreams without reaching Waking +4 - And with your answer I can do that pretty fast. 

Kinda made sense with the Waking as I thought it would.

Once again thanks for the help. :)

You can also summon Alps from his base card to get Chompy out. The Restless Dreams lets you have a more versatile way off getting Chompy on the table By letting you get Waking +1 from Sh attacks that damage your enemy. If you've not run Dreamer yet I suggest you give him a go as he is. I find him to be a delight to play even in a no upgrade game.

• Like 1

The m1e box came with Dreamer, Chompy, Coppelius and two Stitched Togethers, now that will surely change and for the better I have no doubt. The new box sets are really well thought and usually straight playable, as opposed to the 1.5 box where you don't get the Daydreams and you just can't play Dreamer without Daydreams. So even if it might be a while to wait for the plastic box, it'll surely be worth. 

And I have been playing Dreamer now for the last 3 games and I have had a blast (Coppelius hasn't except to the face). He's a very versatile master and the Waking condition is just such a good impact in either the Chompy path or Summoner path. 

I only played a few games m1.5e. Basic box with 3dreams and teddy.I read your gonna get same plus 3 dreams and 3 stitched.I take it by what I read that when you sac a model you can resummon it.same model so comes back with wounds and all.

Well no. It's a brand new model and even gets to activate. (slow Ofc)

.....are you messing with me right now? If you are disregard if not please continue.

Rare X only counts models that are in the game. If a model is dead it does not count towards the rare limit.

So if you have 3 daydreams out and you sac one you now have 2 of 3. So when dreamer activates you can summon one. (which is a brand new model) and then do what ever.

You can never hqve more than three but if you have less summon as many as you want up to the rare limit.

Ummm, no. You only pay for what you hire. If Nicodem summons a Hanged he doesn't have to pay anything more then the AP and Resource cost to do so.

If you hire, and thus start with, some daydreams, so that they begin in play, then you must pay the SS cost for them. If you wish not to hire any and just summon them, then you only pay the AP and resource cost to get them. You do not have to pay the hiring cost up front for the privilege of summoning them.