Painters vs. Gamers

Webmonkey

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say gamer. I honestly don't enjoy painting all that much, so I have a lot of trouble working up the effort to paint up a model. If I can only spend a limited amount of time on miniature games, I'd always rather play than paint. I respect those who actually like painting though. Different strokes for different folks I guess (Pun intended).

id place myself in the painter category(poorly painted still counts ,right?) although lately ive been having some major issues with   "painter's block"   just cant seem to get the excitement going for it lately....  

as to gaming, I really enjoy a game (especially malifaux games) but dont get to play that often

--Woe

I have to say I am one who falls squarely in the middle. I tried to think about which one I would give up if I was forced to to decide, and realized that if I gave up one, the other would go too.

I've played all sorts of games over the years. Tried Heroclix at one point figuring not having to paint might make it more fun. (Back then I was a gamer.) But I quickly got bored until I started re-painting the minis. I've also done classic Battletech, and spent a lot of time painting the miniatures, but quickly got bored there as no one locally really plays it. So yeah, I have to say I am squarely in the middle.

I don't even use a mini until it's finished, too many games in the past of warhammer where i'm playing agains legs glued to a base, bases, or pennies and coasters, part of the appeal to miniatures games for me is visual.  I want my crew of insane undead mad scientist creations to look somewhat like undead mad scientist creations when i play.

part of why I'm not big on using a plain soda can as terrain either

• 2 weeks later...