Painters vs. Gamers

Webmonkey

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I was wondering, (just out of curiosity), about the percentages of people that fall on either side of the board. 

yes I know most people fit both categories to some extent or other, but in most every case, you are going to be one more then the other. So,.. which is it? are you,..

A ) A Gamer First,.. (usually only worried about paint up to the extent that's it's tournament legal or some such, but your results may vary)

or

B ) A Painter First,.. (you mostly game just to show off your figures to others, but you likely have fun playing as well)

I suppose you could ask yourself this question,.. 

If I had the power to take one or the other away for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Would you rather play the rest of your life with unpainted figs,..

Or would you rather be able to paint as much as you like, but never play again?

The answer to this will likely give you your answer.

Gamer First and foremost. I dislike painting mainly do to 40k and having Guard and orks.......So many models....... I love the game and playing against other people. but when i do paint i try my best and take pride in my work, unfortunately my best is by far sub par compared to some people. (damn you internet for showing me up)

I'm definitely a gamer and almost always hate the painting part. I realy realy envy people who have fun painting the miniatures. It must be perfect if that part of our hobby gives you pleasure too, for me it's just headaches.

Related question: what do the painters do with their painted models? Put them all in a display? or do you sell them after having painted them?

... looking for some reasonably priced models/commisions. I would love to have a nice symbiotic realationsship with some paint-fanatic who just wants to paint and sells me the models afterwards. My dream of unimpeded wargaming would come true  :lol:

Related question: what do the painters do with their painted models? Put them all in a display? or do you sell them after having painted them?

Much the same as gamers do when they've finished gaming for a day... store them somewhere ;)

If I had the space, a display case. But I paint for the actual painting process, having the finished item is just a happy bonus when I want to look at what I did or (for rarity value) play a game