Crew builder

daddy4count

I must say I really like the crew builder page on the Wyrd website... does anybody know if there are plans for a downloadable version or a phone app..?

Just curious...

:)

As it stands, I plan to eventually convert the crew creator into a mobile app for android and iOS if possible (with Wyrd's permission of course. Haven't asked yet). A desktop version would also be just as viable (Actually gives me a good idea, thanks!). The reason I haven't begun working on it yet is because the Wave 2 Beta is still in progress and changing coding requirements each week make things difficult. My plan is to have Wave 2 version ready to send off to Ratty when or before Wave 2 goes live (depending on last minute changes)

I must say I really like the crew builder page on the Wyrd website... does anybody know if there are plans for a downloadable version or a phone app..?

Just curious...

As it stands, I plan to eventually convert the crew creator into a mobile app for android and iOS if possible (with Wyrd's permission of course. Haven't asked yet). A desktop version would also be just as viable (Actually gives me a good idea, thanks!). The reason I haven't begun working on it yet is because the Wave 2 Beta is still in progress and changing coding requirements each week make things difficult. My plan is to have Wave 2 version ready to send off to Ratty when or before Wave 2 goes live (depending on last minute changes)

Best to ask sooner rather than later then, to give Wyrd time to think over things and make sure there's no IP or other issues that would have to be dealt with. Would suck to get it all done and discover there was a snag that prevented it from happening!

(Not saying there would or wouldn't be, but IP is a minefield of weird stuff...)

Best to ask sooner rather than later then, to give Wyrd time to think over things and make sure there's no IP or other issues that would have to be dealt with. Would suck to get it all done and discover there was a snag that prevented it from happening!

(Not saying there would or wouldn't be, but IP is a minefield of weird stuff...)

As far as mobile apps go, I've still got some logistics to figure out before I even consider asking permission (have to figure out the best way to go about making them if I do).

As far as mobile apps go, I've still got some logistics to figure out before I even consider asking permission (have to figure out the best way to go about making them if I do).

Fair do, logistics are always a fun little confusion. Do Apple still charge for access to iOS development stuff?

Why yes, yes they do. However, there has been quite a bit of new technology that allows for writing a mobile app for 1 system and porting it to different mobile devices. That's what I'm really looking into since buying a Mac, iOS developer license, & xCode is going to be well outside my price range.

Fair do, logistics are always a fun little confusion. Do Apple still charge for access to iOS development stuff?

Why yes, yes they do. However, there has been quite a bit of new technology that allows for writing a mobile app for 1 system and porting it to different mobile devices. That's what I'm really looking into since buying a Mac, iOS developer license, & xCode is going to be well outside my price range.

• 2 months later...

Just curious...

I wondered the same thing: Would it be possible to provide us with a downloadable version like Ratty did with the old crew creator?

The creator on the Malifaux site is fantastic, sadly it won't load on my mobile phone. :unsure:

Moosey -- you're looking at PhoneGap? I did some work in that framework for the app I just finished (which doesn't look nearly as lovely as yours!). I only looked at Android stuff (because I have an Android to test on, but no iPhone), but it was "relatively easy" to get going. A few complexities with making sure everything was set up properly and the right folder structure, but I've now got a pretty decent process to take my mobile web app into an Android version.

(Which I'll be publishing shortly after I'm confident that there's not glaring problems with the web version!)

You can actually get the folder structure of the webpage onto Android and Mac and just run it using your phones browser. That's what we did for 1.5 and it worked fine.. It was a little bit of a pain on iOS but I hear that it's easier to get files onto your Apple device these days.

If the crew builder is HTML and JavaScript, then you should be able to put together an HTML5 bundle that you could use as an off-line website.  In other words, not as fancy as a native app but a lot less extra work.

I peeked at the JavaScript a bit, but I can't quite tell where the model information is coming from, whether there's a server side database or whether there's a great big array getting included somewhere...