New ramos crew

graeme27uk

Hmm... thanks!

Definitely see how the Brass Arachnid has base issues....

Don't like the Doc Octopus look of the Steamborg... maybe give those to Ramos instead.

Joss is ok...

Not sure about Ramos himself.... don't see why his cloak is flailing outwards... and the clockwork spider he has is out of scale with the others.

Like the steampunk arachnids though.....

Hmm.... more things to ponder.

Yes, the Brass Arachnid is going to be a fun one to base. I have an idea for it, but we'll see if I can pull it off. I agree with the appendages on Howard. They are a bit much and definitely has the Doc Oct feel to it. Love me some Ramos, though. I can't wait to paint him! I'll throw up more photos as I make my way through the crew.

Hmm... thanks!

Definitely see how the Brass Arachnid has base issues....

Don't like the Doc Octopus look of the Steamborg... maybe give those to Ramos instead.

Joss is ok...

Not sure about Ramos himself.... don't see why his cloak is flailing outwards... and the clockwork spider he has is out of scale with the others.

Like the steampunk arachnids though.....

Hmm.... more things to ponder.

I now have all three versions of steam arachnid, the classic 3 piece metals, the resculpted 1 piece metal and the huge multipart plastics. In the end after struggling to work out how I'm going to attach the Brass arachnid to it's base I decided to just whack it on a 50mm and call it a large arachnid, the thing is so damn huge I cannot see how Wyrd ever imagined it fitting on a small base. I'm liking Joss' new model, much better than the old metal one (although that's not that hard really). I sold of Mr Langston cause I've already got Miss Step to use in his place. Now I just need a soulstone miner, mechanical rider and another electrical creation or 2 and I'm set for mr roboto.

The models do look nice......and like they are going to constantly have parts snapping off of them. I would be afraid to snag on anything taking the models into and out of a figure case or moving them on a battlefield.

That Brass Arachnid is supposed to be Height 1????

That's according to the card for the BA.... unless I am wrong. Hence why the model is really too big for what it supposed to represent. More Large SPA...

Thanks for the posts with pics.... the basing does really look too small.... the only thing I can think Wyrd were thinking is that the body of the spider is Ht1 and would fit on a 30mm base.... like most spiders its all legs.... however, the legs have to go somewhere....!

Again, word from Wyrd on their view on this would be interesting to hear.

Edited by graeme27uk

I just hope that they do not errata his size. I know as a "metal" player I'm probably just being selfish in not wanting to rebase the model, but, I also do not want the rule change implications of him going 50 mil and height two. I have yet to throw the Brass Arachnid towards Joss by means of Ice Golem Toss, but I'd like to have the option for such silliness. Additionally, if they do a base size change they should also give it Pass Through, or it is not getting blocked out of movement unfairly.

Here's my WIP Brass Arachnid base. It's a little rough but I think it'll work out.

891703_10201996714892315_772901861_o.jpg

1480498_10201996714932316_1406565110_n.jpg

913991_10201996714972317_943355527_o.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Oh and Jack, your basing looks really good. I wish I had the foresight to assemble it with it's base in mind, but... nope. I got assembly happy (hahaha). I really like the pose yours is in- straight attack mode! Thanks for sharing!

@JacktheRipper - that looks like a real challenge to base properly. It looks really nice but I can see potential problems when the model will be placed on uneven terrain.

@BabyFreak6 - I really like the idea for basing and look forward to seeing more progress on it.

I hate the new plastic models, they are thin and flimsy. Everytime I glue them together, the thin parts just snap and then im left with broken pieces, so I dont bother with them anymore, my yan lo models are in a box in my garage somewhere. I just proxy with them now. Will we ever see metal minis again? The details in the plastics are fantastic, just all the thin miniatures are rubbish

I have no idea how anyone breaks anything on the majority of the plastics.

Which is one of the reasons I prefer plastics so much. Some of these sculpts (like Harold) would pretty much collapse under their own weight in metal, let alone be transportable or usable on the table. (Nekima, I'm looking at you)