So Fluff?

incompotent

This seems especially important with the release of a new edition. I'm brand new, and I was so lost while reading the fluff. It's obvious that something pretty major happened to lead up to all the events, but it's lost on me.

I'd love to buy a digital compilation so I can understand the characters of the game.

We have requested this a couple of times already and it's seems to be an unheard request, from the info I have heard. Someone posted that it was said in some podcast that they were not going to do this. If you want the old fluff you need to buy the old rulebooks.

Which is a shame..

Someone offered, not long ago to compile all the fluff, but when asking Wyrd about it was told that Wyrd was looking into doing it themselves. The assumption that followed is that Wyrd is busy getting M2E wave 2 (and 3) out and that the fluff compilation is a lower priority item at the moment.

but my search-faux is weak and I can't find it now...

They'd also open up a whole IP nightmare doing that. It's not a simple 'oh, let's let them take our fluff and produce a free ebook, they won't do anything bad'. It sets precedent, and that's not a good thing.

Right, I wasn't suggesting that it's a GOOD idea. I was only suggesting that if manpower is the issue, there are almost certainly [fully qualified] people in the forums that would do it for cheap or free, and happily abide by whatever legal contracts they'd have to, simply to have the product be available to everyone.

I'm pretty sure Wyrd will publish something of the like later on, maybe with actual "encounter" scenarios to reproduce the events or particular stories.

That being said, they probably are going hamster-wheel on M2E rules and miniatures atm, cause there's a momentum to keep. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kind of material in the next few years though.