Ikvar's question corner

Ikvar

Question

I am a hechman with a lot of players, and with a lot of players comes many random questions. However I am also a very busy man, and sometimes I am asked questions that I simply dont know the answer to, or are not certain enough to give a confident answer to them. So instead of letting them wait for weeks, until I have time to look through all the rules, I thought I would make this thread to ask all of you wonderful people!

- And in an attempt to also give something back to you guys, I will be updating this first post with the questions and asnwers I get through the thread. So in time this post will hopefully be able to help some of you guys in return! :)

Q. When does poison activate?

A. Poison condition is resolved in the upkeep phase, which is after all models have activated but before you begin the next turn.

Q. If a character stands at a vantage point(on a cliff), can other characters shoot at him aswell?

A. Vantage point works both ways. if you can see them, they can see you.

Q. Can you buy models and upgrades for you SS cache?

A. You can not spend your starting cache on models or upgrades.

Q. How exactly does cheating on a dmg flip work?

A. You can cheat a damage flip just like a duel, as long as the flip is not subject to a negative flip. the card you place from your hand replaces the flipped card.

Q. How does focus stack and what is the effect?

A1. You can stack focus all you want, just remember it is removed at the end of the turn.

A2. 1+ focus gives 1+ to one action, 2+ focus gives 2+ to one action etc.

Q. When does the 4inch rule apply concerning the vicinity of two scheme markers, and would you get VP if two SM were closer to each other then those 4inches.

A. You can not place a scheme marker within 4inches of each other with the interact action, but if the scheme marker drops from anything else then an interact action, these rules would not apply, and you would indeed get VP even though they are within that lenght.

Q. How exactly does the rules for Vantage Point work?

A. If the model is HT2, and there are 3inches to the edge, there would be no LoS period. However if the Model was HT3, and there are 3inches to the edge, there WOULD be LoS, in which case LoS would be drawn from the characters base ignoring the cliff, and measuring in a diagonal line downwards instead of horizontal. If any line passes through terrain(other then the cliff), of which the targeted model is within 1inch, the target will still get cover, but if any line can still be drawn to the base of the target there will still be LoS making it a valid target.

Q. When does conditions stack?

A. Conditions only stacks if they have a number+ in it, and they have the same name- Poison +1 will therefore stack with poison +2, making the condition +3. the slow condition will however not stack, as there are no number+ in it.

Q. What exactly happens if you loose a horror duel?

Current activation ends. If you are affected by a Horror duel outside your activation (like by an attack spell) then you will forfeit your next activation.

Q. When do you get cover, if you are already within 1inch to the cover?

There must be at least one LOS line that passes through the covering terrain, before you get cover.

Edited by Ikvar

Holy hell, for some reason I thought it was minimum HT3 before you could claim vantage point... which I as a henchman have told everyone at the local gaming club... God this is embarrassing >>

But thanks for clearing that up for me Joel ^^

So last match I had with a somewhat new player, he suddenly told me something I was so sure about, that I have never spared it a second thought.

I have always been told that with duels like a terrifying duel, you have to exceed the number, and not just match it. In other words if you have terrifying 13, the enemy model have to get a 14... but apparently this seems to be wrong, so you only have to match it to be successful? >> 

So a new round of questions:

1. I know that other models can block LOS, but do they also give any kind of cover? 

I am pretty sure they dont, but the player I played with wanted me to ask :)

2. I am a bit unsure on Lilliths ability "tangled shadow", does the model within 6 and the targeted model simply swap places, or does the targeted model need to be placed in B2B with Lilith afterwards?

3. If a model want to take a flurry action against a target with terrifying, does he need to discard the card before or after the horror check? 

So a new round of questions:

1. I know that other models can block LOS, but do they also give any kind of cover? 

I am pretty sure they dont, but the player I played with wanted me to ask :)

2. I am a bit unsure on Lilliths ability "tangled shadow", does the model within 6 and the targeted model simply swap places, or does the targeted model need to be placed in B2B with Lilith afterwards?

3. If a model want to take a flurry action against a target with terrifying, does he need to discard the card before or after the horror check? 

ad 1) No, cover is a terrain trait.

ad 2) The latter.

ad 3) Before. Flurry doesn't target the other model and thus doesn't trigger Terrifying. The attack does, though.

1. Nope. Models never provide cover to other models (unless they happen to have a special rule which states otherwise)

2. Not a Lilith player, pass.

3. You discard the card to perform the Flurry Action which gives you 3 Attack Actions. After that you target the terrifying model with said attacks and perform the horror duel.

Edit: Dirial'd!

All were answered, but just to expound on #2:

Lilith targets someone with Tangle Shadows. If she wins & meets/beats the TN she then places a friendly model within 6" (remember she ignores LoS and also she is friendly to herself) in base contact with the target. She then places the target in base contact with her.

As I said, she can choose herself to be placed next to the target, also the target can be another friendly as it's an attack.