it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

The new panels have been completed and with the right glue this time!!! Cutting will begin in a couple days and on 15th of March we will begin boxing up the perks to ship out. Been a fun and exhausting experience which leads me to next comment...

What bugs me is this, there were no weathering problems, there were no problems announced. It was on a stage that the perks were supposedly be ready to ship out already, now there's weathering problems and paperwork problems to have the perks first ship out to US and after that shipped out to buyers? 

What bugs me is this, there were no weathering problems, there were no problems announced. It was on a stage that the perks were supposedly be ready to ship out already, now there's weathering problems and paperwork problems to have the perks first ship out to US and after that shipped out to buyers? 

Which is exactly why this feels like a stalling game

To be fair, I get his point about the weathering. I ordered a pre-weathered town set, and if I remember correctly it was clear from the very beginning that the weathering would have to be done by him/them at Po Boys in an extra step. You also had to pay extra for that (unless you were an early backer). So if Damian is currently not available, and the other guy(s) don´t know (yet) how to do it, that is fine. If need be, I will take it un-weathered.

What worries me more is the issue with the "paperwork", because that was not clear from the beginning and is yet another complication which adds up to a chain of delays...

To be fair, I get his point about the weathering. I ordered a pre-weathered town set, and if I remember correctly it was clear from the very beginning that the weathering would have to be done by him/them at Po Boys in an extra step. You also had to pay extra for that (unless you were an early backer). So if Damian is currently not available, and the other guy(s) don´t know (yet) how to do it, that is fine. If need be, I will take it un-weathered.

This is my understanding as well. Damian was going to do the weathering after he received the product. The FB post does not suggest that this is currently a hang-up, as he says he'll deal with that when he gets a hold of the sets.

As to the paperwork issue, I believe the problem is that only Damian was authorized to obtain the product. Why it is so difficult to alter that I do not know, I have no experience in such matters.

Problems were not announced because until Damian (supposedly) returned to the hospital there were none. Damian is (supposedly) unable to collect the product and unable to complete the weathering. It would be nice to see some proof of where the project sits, though. I know people have requested this on facebook. Hopefully we see more soon.  

For those who may be interested, a new facebook update has been posted:

"Update-

Damian had a follow up surgery on Wednesday. I have passed on the well wishes that many have given (and skipped the negative.) More importantly for everyone here, a power of attorney was signed before the surgery.

The power of attorney was mailed today to the Chinese supplier as they did not accept the faxed version. This should improve my ability to work with them and resolve this situation.

Luckily I have found someone that can advise me on the red tape I will be going through with customs. There is light at the end of the table.

Tre
PB-Admin"

Figured id share in case anyone was interested in what has been said.

• Like 5

I just received my refund from paypal this morning. There was zero response from this Edward Mize character that the money was sent to. I went back and took a look at the photo of the town set for $100. With everything that has transpired It is now obvious that it was too good to be true to receive 11 buildings with the sizes shown in the photo and the quality shown in the OP for a hundred bucks. I know things are very cheap when you involve Chinese manufactoring but that amount of product for the price should have been a red flag. Who knows, maybe things will get shipped out at some point. I am glad to get the refund instead. 

Good luck.

I just received my refund from paypal this morning. There was zero response from this Edward Mize character that the money was sent to. I went back and took a look at the photo of the town set for $100. With everything that has transpired It is now obvious that it was too good to be true to receive 11 buildings with the sizes shown in the photo and the quality shown in the OP for a hundred bucks. I know things are very cheap when you involve Chinese manufactoring but that amount of product for the price should have been a red flag. Who knows, maybe things will get shipped out at some point. I am glad to get the refund instead. 

Good luck.

How'd you manage to do that?

From what I've read my bank offers refunds on payments done using a debit or credit card if the seller is unable to prove that the goods were actually shipped. I'm going to try to get a refund as I don't really see chances of receiving the terrain. 

Sorry for double posting. I've just called my bank and  asked for chargeback. It means that now my bank has 5 days to check whether I've received the item I paid for and up to 30 days to deal with my complaint. I expect to receive the funds back and will let you guys now if it worked once it's done.

Was everyone's pledge moved into a "claimed" state?  what was done?  I just opened a dispute in paypal to put it on record and will be following up with my bank to see what can be done.

EDIT:

Also filed a complaint with the bank.  I am not waiting any longer.

He may have jumped in on the 're-open' that was done earlier this year. Those of us who pledged through the Indigogo thing, are well, likely screwed for options.

That's correct. I jumped in at the last minute when he did the "re-open" thing and I sent a payment via paypal to an email address he gave me which ended up being this Edward Mize character. Evidently I must have filed the complaint within the alotted window offered by paypal. If that would not have worked I would have contacted my Bank directly where the money was withdrawn from and filed a complaint. I think its time people should do what they can to recover their money if possible.  

Apparently theres been some movement on this in the last day or so. I think somebody else is able to complete the order or something? Not sure of the detail but a friend of mine is in on this one and I briefly saw a facebook comment.

Might be worth having another check before jumping ship just yet.

From Facebook:

"Awoke to a message from the manufacturer today. The POA meant nothing to them but we have come to a compromise. The manufacturer is mailing a contract to be signed by Damian and myself to allow the parts to be shipped to me. Do not understand their thinking because it has the same result. Guess that is the important part."

May be a stalling tactic, may just be what has to happen now.  I'm still holding on to hope (mainly because there is nothing else I can do).

I'm not going to copy it here, but there is definitely some activity on the facebook page. Tre, the page admin, has been going back and forth with the trolls who keep taking potshots. I understand that people are upset that their investment has not paid off. I'm out money on this one too. However, It is more upsetting that people lose all sense of decorum and courtesy when posting on the internet.

• Like 1