Incorporeal Question

CrouchingMoose

Question

This came up the other day, so I'm looking for some confirmation.

Incorporeal: This model ignores, and

is ignored by, other models and terrain

during any movement or push. Reduce all

damage this model suffers from Sh and Ml

Attack Actions by half.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, there is nothing about LoS in that ability. This would also mean that Incorporeal models DO block LoS. The ignoring of models only pertains to movement and pushes, correct?

9 answers to this question

what?

I think regarding movement the only differences between incorporeal and flight is that models that fly cannot take fall damage and that models with flight cant end a turn inside hollow terrain that has no openings or entrances, but one with incorporeal, but other wise they can both seemingly end up higher vertically without any tax on movement (or at least it was argued during the beta)

Spent my luch hour hunting the rulebook, and can not find anything that allows models with flight or Incorporial to change their height. If anything Incorporial models are expressly forbidden to do so as they ignore terrain. Flight models may at least choose to ignore or not.

The only things I could find that allowed movement height change was terrain features such as stairs and slopes, and the climbable trait of Terrain.

I conclude

Incorporial models can't go up height without the use of a place ability. They can drop, but at the risk of damage.

Flying models can leap over tall buildings, they just can't land on the top. They have to climb up just like everyone else. They can happily drop off the side safely though.