zoraida or collodi

shaka_umruk

Welcome to Malifaux!

Zoraida likes to sit back and control the battle from afar, so you'll probably have better luck with her if you try to keep her out of any battles that spring up, but still close enough to use her Obey ability. Summoning a Voodoo doll to mess with important enemy models is both fun and effective.

As for her crew, her box comes with Silurids, which are fast and agile objective grabbers, and Bad Juju, who is a pretty solid melee model that can - with the Eternal Fiend upgrade - keep coming back to life after your opponent kills him.

Note that because we just started Second Edition, Zoraida's starter will probably come with First Edition stat cards still, so you'll want to pick up the core rulebook if you want the Second Edition rules for the models (and/or a Neverborn Arsenal Box, which has the very pretty updated stat cards for the ENTIRE Neverbon faction).

As far as a good starting place for Zoraida's crew? With her Silurids and Bad Juju, she starts with a solid Swampfiend theme, so I would probably recommend a pack of Waldgeists. They're tough and hard to kill, which compliments the fast but somewhat fragile Silurids, and they're Swampfiends, so they work well with Bad Juju as well.

I would also pick up a Voodoo Doll, which is Zoraida's totem. She can summon one into battle, so you don't have to start with it in your list, but it's a very good support piece for her.

There are plenty of other Neverborn models that would help take Zoraida's crew in different directions, but I think that a box of Waldgeist and a Voodoo Doll would be a good, solid starting point.

Mature Nephilim are good models, though, so if you think they're awesome, then I say go for it!

My First recomended purchase would be the Voodoo doll. She can summon it so owning the model is really useful.

And the Neverborn Arsenal pack, because it is much easier to play with the cards than from a book, and this will get you all the upgrades as cards, as well as all the models.

It also gives to the rules for all the neverborn, so will be really helpful as you choose what to get next, you could even use the carsd to proxy a model before you spend the money.

After that it depends on how you want to play her.

The Swamp fiend suggestion above is pretty good. Mature Nephlim is nice as an obey target.

I can come up with good uses for pretty much every neverborn model.

Alternatively you might want to be using her as a Gremlin leader, in which case you go for completly different models.

Pull my finger is largely based on the old rules, so be careful in what you read there. (note to self must get round to playing some stuff enough to help update it)

They gain some minor benifits when in contact with severe terrain in the new rules, but they can now create terrain themselves so they are good regardless of the board. (although I would say say were good regardless of the board in the last edition as well).

Gremlinwise you can choose to play with the swamp fiend stuff still. You also get to add cheap gremlin figures and the Kin who are more elite Gremlins .

The Neverborn Arsenal pack has the neverborn figures form the m2e rule book. it also hass all the neverborn upgrades.

It doesn't have all the duel faction models, as for price they were put in their "primary" faction so there are soem duel faction neverborn/ Ten thunder models.

Anotehr good beatstick in Neverborn is Teddy.

Collodi does have two things going for him. Don't count him out yet!

First, his current metal model is awesomely creepy.

Second, in the very near future there will be playtest rules released for him. If you choose to play Collodi you can provide feedback back to Wyrd on his performance, possibly having a hand in how he ends up working in the next book. How cool is that?

Collodi does have two things going for him. Don't count him out yet!

First, his current metal model is awesomely creepy.

Second, in the very near future there will be playtest rules released for him. If you choose to play Collodi you can provide feedback back to Wyrd on his performance, possibly having a hand in how he ends up working in the next book. How cool is that?

good very good