Johan with Ramos?

mattbird

I meant aside from that. :)

Nope, for the three spiders you have use the "free" tome, burn a stone, and have a high tome in your hand, as there is no consolation prize of getting two if you miss the TN for three, so hoping to flip the high tome is essentially out of the question unless you have some Rain Man action going on where you know you'll top deck it.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Of course, the red joker lets you declare it's suit, so that in hand works too.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Additionally, aside from healing, dont forget about Johan's Rebel Yell condition wiper that is good against Sonnia, Levi, Mei, MMourningor any of those condition dishing masters.

One of my regular opponents takes Johan with Ramos almost every time, I usually kill him before he can do anything useful, he's just so much more squishy than other models.

I don't know, with 8 wounds, Df 5, and Hard to Kill, he's not a tank, but respectable for 6-7 stones. I think people need to decide whether they want him running as a medic or a pipe swinger though. With Solidarity and Flurry it can be tempting to run him in attack mode, but if you brought him as a healer and condition wiper, he shouldn't be a frontline attacker all the time.

I use him all of the time with Ramos. I give him the upgrade that you discard for fast (I forget the name) and I hang him back as a body guard for Ramos. The fast allows you to once per game move and heal (this has been a clutch move in a number of my games) or fast move into combat to flurry. His healing is fantastic in a Ramos crew since 1-2 wounds from an average healing flip goes a long way with all of the Armor in a Ramos list. Rebel yell is icing on the cake. Remember that it can be used offensively to remove conditions that are beneficial to enemy models. I really recommend giving him a shot; the last beta SS decrease for Johan made a huge difference.