My depressing growing opinion of 5 turns

PierceSternum

But you're also losing AP, both in the form of destroyed models and resurrecting. If someone manages to waste your summoned models before they activate you're actually at a negative AP balance.

Just explaining what I do, not trying to convince anyone. Summoned PZ and necros are two hits to kill minimum and I have never had trouble out-activating the snot out of my opponent and summoning at the end of the turn to let all the new models get their full AP in. Even if its just for a single charge to engage the enemy. (Getting actual hits is gravy, I just want the engagements)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its basically this. I have had a different reaction to the new game and want to feel similar to others. So, I am basically just trying to understand the things I dislike as I cross them and get past them.

There are plenty of things I like, though.

I will say its most difficult for me to get through anything when so many people here seem inclined to take anything negative as an attack. It honestly makes me not want to be here, give the company money or play the game.

I am not interested in writing up battle reports or, quite honestly, explaining much of anything to most people here. I stated what I disliked and why and was either told I was having a tantrum, preaching doom or the new mantra of "battle rep or it didn't happen". I simply wanted to know what other people were doing that might be different than me. I do not need anyone to play like me.

I will be playing with less terrain and see how it feels. I am waiting on rules and cards purchases to come from my local store though, but still have plenty of beta files to keep us going.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Ok?

Ok.

Ok? But do you believe I was making a sweeping generalization of ANYONE that disagrees with me? OR was I perhaps talking about the people that ALWAYS disagree with me, thus USUAL suspects... Like Fetid, Dgraz and Ausplosions...

What I took to be not wanting to name names, you take as "sweeping generalization" of all disagreement which is simply not true.

I have learned quite a bit about what terrain people are using and intend to start doing the same when I get a chance.

I am not really trying to convince you or anyone. Is that ok?

I am not dismissive of anyone other than the people on my growing ignore list that continually come after me whenever I express what I dislike.

Interesting thread this......just post what you think, not provide any evidence, refuse to answer any questions, expect everyone to agree.....and if they don't then insult them. It's okay for you to have an opinion, but if I voice mine, then I become a villain.....a USUAL suspect.

I'm terribly sorry that I don't agree with you, I guess I go on the ignore list. Anyway, I don't want to be banned from the forums, so you won't have to deal with me anymore in this thread.

expect everyone to agree

nope. and for a few, I'd have bet my house on the opposite.

just wanted to hear what others were doing and thought. Don't care what you or others think about my perspective.

and your being on my list of "usual suspects" has little to do with this thread specifically.

And I'll not out anyone, but I am not alone in my perspective of some of you if my PM's are any indication.

I have zero interest in arguing with you, so I think I just need to have you actually on my ignore list at this point.

Edited by PierceSternum

I'd certainly agree, but if the Strategy and Schemes require models to be in a certain place or drop markers in a certain place, then the swarm will have to cluster to be effective regardless of rules. The same goes if terrain forms some kind of choke point.

If it's some matter of ranged swarm models simply killing, I suppose they would be able to move and act freely. If the models have an objective to reach and Interact actions to perform, suddenly they have to be in a particular place, and that place could well be in a bubble of Ml7 pain. Or the place they have to move through to reach the objective could be guarded.

Granted a lot depends on strategy/scheme selection as well as terrain layout however even then you dont have to cluster necessarily. Gremlin's for example are still capable of significant out activation and death of a thousand bee sting antics just like they were in the earlier edition. Dropping the big baddy on the objective wasn't a problem in the last edition for them and still really isn't in the new. Sure it will cost AP to do however even with a shorter guaranteed game length a sizable swarm force with significant out activation can achieve objectives and drop models in the same turn and usually without much fear of reprisal due to activating after threats have gone.

The Nico example above definitely showcases how this can be done easily and effectively.

You do, however, feel like there's a point to bringing up your playstyle, correct?

I suppose. It was not really to convince you, but more to reply to what you seemed to think I was trying to do with a swarm when you said

"If someone manages to waste your summoned models before they activate you're actually at a negative AP balance."

I just wanted to let you know that what I use my swarm for (Constantly engaging enemy) and summoning (After out-activating, summoning for free hits and more engaging) so that you did not misunderstand me.

I've little interest in debating the efficacy of what I do with anyone though, just wanted to clear it up, is all.

We're a long way from where this thread started, and in all honesty I don't think we've achieved any thing for a few pages now. As people are running out of nice things to say to one another I'm going to close the thread before anyone says anything they regret.