Returning player, what is in M2E?

Rhellion

Hi there. I am deciding if I want to pony up (apparently a lot) and return to Malifaux. I have a few questions before I decide.

Are there crews left out of the M2E book, as in are there crews I may own from the previous edition of the game that will be unplayable?

The arsenal boxes come with "wave 1" of new stat cards? $56 for all of them? Will I have to pay another $56 once "wave 2" is released? How many waves until all of the previous models have updated cards?

I tried looking for this information in stickies and big threads, without much luck in finding answers.

1. there will only be book 1 master's in this book with the exception of the ten thunderer's

2. wave 1 will have this books models and stat cards wave 2 is supposed to be the rest of the malifaux line you can just buy the book and wait for the cards to be amalgamated into one box either that or yes you would have to buy a second wave when book 2 is released but that wont be for a bit wave 2 beta starts in like a month could also just get a couple arsenal sets and wait for the rest to be finished

Correct 2 waves 2 get full update i.e all crews

Wave 1 contains book 1 and some of the ten thunders.

If you want all of the cards in wave one its 56 and then it would be 56 for the remainder of wave 2 but that will net you ever card in the game including the upgrades.

Models part of wave 2

chompy, Colletee, Kirai pretty much all of book 2 and most of book 3 parts of book 4.

I'll be running demos at RIW Rhellion if you want to stop by or we can set up a time at pandy I've ordered the entire card set for demo/own purposes

The wave 2 is already in development and public beta is slated for october or so by last recollection with final release early next year.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Correct 2 waves 2 get full update i.e all crews

Wave 1 contains book 1 and some of the ten thunders.

If you want all of the cards in wave one its 56 and then it would be 56 for the remainder of wave 2 but that will net you ever card in the game including the upgrades.

Models part of wave 2

chompy, Colletee, Kirai pretty much all of book 2 and most of book 3 parts of book 4.

I'll be running demos at RIW Rhellion if you want to stop by or we can set up a time at pandy I've ordered the entire card set for demo/own purposes

The wave 2 is already in development and public beta is slated for october or so by last recollection with final release early next year.

Also the public beta is supposed to be September, as early as they can manage it according to Mack on TTB the other day.

But at Gencon we are seeing the release of the core M2E book. In that one you got the following masters.

Guild:

Lady Justice

Sonia

Perdita

(McMourning)

Ressers:

Nicodem

McMourning

Seamous

(Tara)

Arcanists:

Rasputin's

Marcus

Ramos

(Mei Feng)

Neverborn:

Zoraida

Pandora

Lilith

(Jakob Lynch)

Outcasts:

Viktorias

Von Schill

Tara

(Misaki)

Gremlins:

Ophelia

Somer

Brewmaster

(Zoraida)

Ten Thunderes:

Misaki

Jakob Lynch

Mei Feng

Everyone else, as well as new masters to make sure every faction have access to 7 will be included in wave two. There are also some new models in wave one already. Apparently we are not getting a book for wave two(official release January, beta from September), that will just be a card release and then I would imagine we are back to a more normal release schedule next year.

If you want cards for every model in the game you are going to needs to buy one each of the new decks. Personally I'm just picking up the cards I'll be playing with right now and can get the rest down the road if I think its worth it.