M2 Scheme Cards

Math Mathonwy

I envision scheme cards for M2. Has anyone done such things already? If not, I think they would be a tremendous play aid.

Each player should have their own deck of all the schemes. The cards should be normal size so they can be sleeved so that you can write on them with markers. Each card should contain the suit/number/condition that results in it being available for choice, a tick box to mark the scheme as a chosen scheme, the rules of the scheme and spaces to write down any choices that need to be made (like model names and such).

The tick box would allow each player to have the whole set of available schemes in their hand so that they can easily see what schemes they should be bluffing about having and what their opponent's possibilities are (in addition to the chosen schemes that they are trying to complete, naturally).

Anything else? Or is this a good idea at all? Also, anyone with graphical talent feel inspired to do such a deck?

I've got a personal deployment/strategy/scheme deck with no graphics. I've also got a 9 card Deck that Tracks the Turn Number.

Smooth WD40 had a scheme with Graphics for the BETA. Perhaps WD40 will re post it after the official release of ME2.

Unless it got sat on by the Intelectual Property Police?

My Scheme Deck is not normal sized. It's sized to fit Fantasy Flight's "Standard European Board Game" card sleeve size.

This keeps it from accidentaly getting shuffled in with the Fate Deck.

• 3 months later...
I've recently finished my own scheme cards too, linked in my sig.

Those are freaking gorgeous scheme cards! Been looking to find some this morning and those are easily my favorite of the 5ish options I've tracked down so far. Any chance you are planning on doing some strategy cards to match?

Side note: a couple things on your cheat sheet don't match up with the rule book, are those house rules or minor mistakes? You have a "Blind" option for deployment which isn't in the rule book and Red Joker on a healing flip should be Severe plus Weak not heal all wounds because you resolve them the same way you would a damage flip.

Edited by ArmageddonSky

Those are freaking gorgeous scheme cards! Been looking to find some this morning and those are easily my favorite of the 5ish options I've tracked down so far. Any chance you are planning on doing some strategy cards to match?

Thanks, and yes, hopefully soon!

Side note: a couple things on your cheat sheet don't match up with the rule book, are those house rules or minor mistakes? You have a "Blind" option for deployment which isn't in the rule book

"Blind" deployment is in the rulebook, but under Story Encounter (see page 80). I tend to play story encounters as I'm a casual player, but it's a fair point! Shame the two tables are different. Also, "Blind" deployment ROCKS! I hugely recommend playing it. :)

Red Joker on a healing flip should be Severe plus Weak not heal all wounds because you resolve them the same way you would a damage flip.

Ooops! Typo! I'll correct that. (And also start playing the correct rules... :slap: )

• 1 month later...