Rant on the new art.

Dorian

...are there pictures of that? Cause I wouldn't have believed until this moment that you could out-Kender a Kender.

These are the best ones I could find... The labcoat kind of covers up the Scroll Case and the 4 extra pouches around the back.. And I don't have my Satchel with my surgical equipment on me, which it a bit weird as I rarely go without it.

EDIT: Wait I do have the Satchel, you can just about see it in the right picture.

Tesla.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that for a LARP, or just general cosplay?

LARP, my character is a Surgeon, Which means carrying around Surgical equipment, smelling salts, bandages, apron, knives. Also Potions, Herbs, Lump of Warpstone. But he is also trained in forensics and tracking, so sample jars, spy glasses, magnifying glasses, Notebooks. Then you add onto that the fact he was quite a scholar, so generally I was carrying around a huge amount of documentation to trade for other documentation, My own notes were around 400 pages.... And then on top of that I ended up doing a lot of ritual magic, so I generally had bells and other props which I could use for that.

Definitely a pack rat.

I also had a Gladstone bag I kept in the Guild with extra stuff I might need. I could put together a fairly decent surgery when I needed too.

Okay, speaking as someone who lived in the mountains of Northern New Hampshire during winter...that pose is totally believable, lol. When it's that cold, absolutely I'd be standing like that, back to the wind, pulling up my collar to give less skin exposure...

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

Although, personally, I love my Alt Raspy and have no intention of ever letting it go... >.>

Is it me or doesn't the new Rasputina looks like a 90s glamour shot model with Raspy holding her collar. I think if I was to get the new Children of December crew, I'd pick up the alt Raspy model which looks much more dynamic. Besides Raspy, I think the rest of the crew art and models look simply amazing.

I'm not sure, I just read it as trying to keep the chill off. But I do feel this is the first Raspi that I've really loved the model for. She has that almost Russian Commissar look to her. The Alt is nice, but still felt a bit too fantasy for me. Story-wise Rasputina has always felt a bit more distant and insulated, and I think the new look definitely matches that for me.

I'm not sure, I just read it as trying to keep the chill off. But I do feel this is the first Raspi that I've really loved the model for. She has that almost Russian Commissar look to her. The Alt is nice, but still felt a bit too fantasy for me. Story-wise Rasputina has always felt a bit more distant and insulated, and I think the new look definitely matches that for me.

I feel the same way. Much more serious pose with a look that says I am going to freeze you ass off and feed it to my cat.

I was actually the opposite. First thing I did when I saw the new Rasputina was put in an order to ensure I had the previous normal and alt copies of her.

It's not that I dislike the new one, I just prefer the older ones. And that and she reminds me of the main Spellcaster from Warmachine's Khador faction.

About to ruin your day, but the Vic's look like the Spice Girls. :Hiding_Puppet:

WYR20501-HiredSwords.jpg

From left to right:

Ginger Spice (Doesn't really work, only one though), Posh Spice, (Both Vic's) Scary Spice, Baby Spice, and Sporty Spice.

And yes, the girlfriend helped me with labeling. Take it up with Scary Spice. :1_Happy_Puppet1:

About to ruin your day, but the Vic's look like the Spice Girls. :Hiding_Puppet:

WYR20501-HiredSwords.jpg

From left to right:

Ginger Spice (Doesn't really work, only one though), Posh Spice, (Both Vic's) Scary Spice, Baby Spice, and Sporty Spice.

And yes, the girlfriend helped me with labeling. Take it up with Scary Spice. :1_Happy_Puppet1:

Er... As a Brit they look nothing like the Spice Girls. We have had the look of those insidious harpies branded on our communal consciousnesses.

For one thing Scary Spice has far more hair and it's an Afro. She also has slightly darker skin.

And well Ginger Spice is... well Ginger, and also has quite a bit more meat on her bones.

spice-girls-50ab2e507134e.jpg

OK I will admit it though Taelor is Sporty Spice.

Edited by Ratty

Why is the only hot Spice Girl called Scary Spice?

Besides all the comments about spice swords... erm, I mean Hired Swords showing too much skin and being too punk/emo/teen looking this is the best looking box in the fact that every model in it looks great. But unfortunately I won't be getting it since I have all of those models except for the student (which is the only one from the old models that I don't like).

Concerning the other boxes, I was considering getting Cult of December, but I have too much crews as it is and I don't like Rasputinas playstyle (maybe I'll have to devise a quirk for it or reread the upgrades).

New Raspy looks awesome as a mini. She's most in character as Ratty already pointed out.

I kind of like the Wendigo, but I'd like to see him painted first to decide on him. Gamin are fine I guess, but the one carrying a big lump of ice has a different looking ice lump than the one in the art :-P

Ice Golem is ok, but I dislike the big lump of ice on its right shoulder (which could be easily cut off since it's a plastic model). All in all a nice box but less explosive and in your face than the other boxes.

Raspys and Taras models are have te most static models, but in Raspys case that isn't a bad thing... Karina is the best looking model from Herald of Obliteration in my opinion.

I'm getting the Redchapel Gang to use Sybelle and Belles with Molly and I'll be giving Seamus away (I like him as a villain but I wouldn't like playing him). New Sybelle is just wow in the way she oozes S&M creepy zombie vibe, the scariest zombie of them all. New belles are mostly lovely, I like the poses and their dresses and they do seem creepy.

I love the Guild's Judgement except for Lady J which would be fine if she was in a more upright position in stead of gym stretching position. I totally love her art on the card where you can see her face and her holding her sword in front of it, you can almost hear the vibration of the sword after it was swung or something (stupid imagination of mine).

I'm getting the alt Lady J and I guess it is my favourite Malifaux mini.

I'll wait to see if I'll be getting this box after I see what the regular Tara and her monster dudes will look like and I like Taras playstyle so I was thinking of getting her in the future and have a functional guild crew on the side.

I would love to get new Liliths model. All of Liliths versions (except the avatar) are great and this new one is like a combination of the alternate and original Lilith, it has the same pose as the alt modela and clothes/face is more similar to the original. Mad props to the designer and artist.

The reason why I should get Mother of Monsters box is that I have proxies for Tot and Barbaros (Barbarella in my case), but I dislike both old and new models.

I might get it if I ever decide to play Lilith at an official tournament, but I'll probably pass.

I like the Barbaros art, but I'm not sure about the miniature, I'll wait to see what he looks like when someone paints him to decide on that mini.

My goodness, this is a lot of text. I guess I like most of the new minis and it proves I'm a Malifauxoholic.

Post Scriptum: I aim to get Miss Step for my Leveticus crew...

Edited by Linus Mcmold
great lumps of text and shiny colors added