Its very, very quiet....

Paddywhack

Keep posting batreps, ideas and so on. Just because the Playtest forum went down, doesn't mean we can't go on supplying feedback and ideas?

I thought the same thing, we won't see changes made, we could be giving feedback that is moot due to changes obfuscated to us...think about how different Levi was by the end of the open beta.

I thought the same thing, we won't see changes made, we could be giving feedback that is moot due to changes obfuscated to us...think about how different Levi was by the end of the open beta.

Exactly.

Funny, I thought the same thing when the forum went down. "Well maybe I should just paint with this time instead of reading and posting" :)

Oh, how I want to, but since my move to my new apartment, I've been starting new projects that further the procrastination process.

My 4x4 gaming table is a bit too large to bring up the steps to my apartment, so I need to remove the legs, install brackets to make assembly and disassembly quicker and easier in the future (and maybe allow for adding shorter legs should we want it at coffee table height instead of dining room table height).

While the table is still in the garage, I want to remove the center 3x3 section, drop it down a bit so I can put the Sewers below the main street level. I have most of what I need for it, just making sure I have a way to properly accomplish it.

Also, someone was moving out of the neighborhood and left behind two manicurists stations. They're already rigged for electric and have built in paint racks. Just need to clean them up and bring them upstairs. Just haven't brought myself to do it yet. I guess with the M2E threads locked away, I really ought to get on that.

Is this necessarily a problem? People playing Book 1 and discussing it in forums weren't aware of the changes that would be brought about by Book 2, and people playing Book 2 didn't necessarily anticipate the exact nature of the errata and the 1.5 rules. Malifaux as a game is always changing.

What we have here is essentially a new game for free with rules that'll probably change soon. What we had before was a new game costing money whose rules were probably going to change eventually. Why not just muck around for a bit and have fun discussing tactics and the like?

While obviously the hope is that M2E Book 1 goes to the printers in 'perfect' condition, there's also the chance that further testing could simply lead to round one of errata. Obviously nobody wants it to be necessary, but better to find something that is problematic ahead of time than during a major tournament or even just becoming the next big NPE for the community.