Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Painting has been woefully slow. Some of it's due to work, but mostly I'm just waiting for the mail to bring me my next pieces. In the meantime, I've been working on my base for one of my previous models. Still needs a bit of work,.. and I need to decide what kind of paper to put along the back. The white paper looks ok.. but wax paper gives a bit more of a translucent look. Vellum maybe?? Wish I had some actual rice paper floating around.

Anyways, here it is,.. not much else to report at the moment,..

2014-12-21200424.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not my usual faire,... but I'm trying my hand at a new technique. NMM,.. in this case, chrome. I haven't done the whole model, but thought that I'd stop to get some feedback. I can already see blending issues and such, but otherwise I think I got the horizon lines and coloration correct. It's a crappy pic, but still,... thoughts??

2015-05-23%2015.08.05.jpg

Just read through the whole thread. Nice work. Some of those models are really inspirational for some of the Malifaux I'll be working on in the future.

I think the chrome comes off well, just a bit rough on the blending (not that I could do much better). Maybe a thinner line of black right on the horizon. Really nice start though. I've yet to attempt NMM, but will probably try some on the next crew I paint.

Thanks!! and yeah,.. the black was a little stark. So I added some brown back in, and it looked ok. Now I'm going back over the brown with a grey to see how that looks. Might also try a TMM/NMM hybrid. (ie: basecoat in silver metallic, and then do my blue sky, black horizon line, and ground color over that. It's all a work in progress to try to see what techniques and recipies I like best. But thanks again for the kind words. Always nice to be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...