Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

Index: For those trying to find stuff,...

Raquel Gothic (Clockwork Fairy): Pages 1-6
Kakashi Hatake: Pages 7-9
My Wife's Ranger Girl: Page 10
Elf Mage: Pages 10-12
Rouroni Kenshin: Pages 12-15
Demon Fox Kimono Girl: 15-17
Hatchling Angel (Battle Angel Alita): 18-20
Misaki Mei (Another): 20-21
Captain Harlock: Page 21
Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown): Pages 21
Elf Warrior: Pages 22
Chuno Shiryu: Page 22

Nurse: Page 22-24

Zeus: Page 24

Book Witch: Page 25

So, I thought I'd start a thread that shows my Anime Garage Kits. First up is a model named Raqel Gothic. It's a 1/7 scale resin model, which means it'll be roughly 10 inches tall when it's done. I'll try to do this in stages and give regular update with pictures.

Anyways, here's a picture of the resin base for this particular project. It's a bit white-washed in the photo, but gives you the sense of the wonderful detail in these models. I'll try to get it painted up by the end of tonight or tomorrow, and get a photo of the finished base up for you guys. I was thinking white for the clock face, but I think I'm leaning towards a white-opalescent,.. you know,.. the stuff that's sort of green when you look at it one way, and pink when you look at it another way.

Hope you enjoy,..

post-8871-13911929615329_thumb.jpg

It's been a few days since I've been able to touch this project. But I've got the axe assembled. It was a bit out of alignment, but a few minutes under a hot lightbulb warmed the resin up and I was able bend and straighten as needed. Now it's looking about as good as can be expected.

However, the rear of the axe is supposed to have a spike, but the model came in damaged and the tip of the spike was missing. So, now I'm trying to figure out the best solution.

Should I attempt to greenstuff in a new spike tip?

Or should I just grind down the existing resin into a new, smaller spike??

post-8871-13911929685293_thumb.jpg

Edited by Webmonkey