Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

next up,.. the hair. This actually came in 4 pieces, and there's some pretty amazing gaps on the underside. Anyways,.. here's basic shape of it,...

post-8871-13911929988737_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929989489_thumb.jpg

If you'll notice, it all lays pretty flat. So I'm going to have to shape the hair. In order to do that, I'll need to heat the pieces up in order to make the resin bendable without breaking it.

I've tried a few different methods of this on various pieces of this models,.. including heating them up under lightbulbs, and even laying pieces down on a glass sheet in the oven. But these methods take too long to get the desired results, and if you don't keep a constant eye on it, you could easily end up with puddle of resin at the bottom of the pan. So, the best solution I've found,.... the plain ol' hairdryer!!!

post-8871-13911929990073_thumb.jpg

This actually heats the resin up fairly quickly. And you can make the heat fairly localized, so it's easier to bend in certain spots, without necessarily deforming other spots. I've already done one strand as you can see. Once I get all the strands positioned how I want, then it'll be time for a bit of greenstuff to fill in the gaps,... and after that, Paint!!!

Dammit, now I want one...

I said it before and I'll say it again,...

"Welcome To Your New Obsession!!!!,...... Muhahahahaha!!!"

It's all part of my evil plan to fill the closets of gamers with ever expanding hordes of models from an ever-shifting catalog of various games and designers,..

And so far, my plan is working flawlessly!!! (laughs maniacally as you all see the mounds of models in your house and start to realize that you've been dupped into it)

Still have a bit more shaping to do with the hair,... but here's the overall effect that I was looking for.

post-8871-1391192999153_thumb.jpg

And the last two finishing touches. The large bow will go on the small of the back between the wings. You'll never really see it, But at least I'll know that it's there. The small ribbon with the flower in the center hangs from the side of the lower portion of the dress.

post-8871-13911929992058_thumb.jpg

Once these last two finishing touches are added,.. this project will finally be done!!!

I, (and my remedial painting skills), would like to take a moment to thank you guys for reading and following along. It's been a lot of fun doing this project. I hope you guys enjoyed the trip.

oh,.. and thanks for the kind words. The encouragement really helped. *grin*

Great work, and thanks for taking the time to photograph and write about everything. It was cool to see something like this come along.

So, are you using your new airbrush skills to work on some Malifaux minis next, or on to another garage kit?

I actually have a couple more kits lying around. One is a female elf mage, and the other is a male anime character. I'm leaning towards doing the male first.

That's right, no sexism in this thread *grin*,.... the boys get their time is the spotlight too!!! It can't all be scantily clad women all the time. That just wouldn't be fair.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Unless everyone has a preference? Should I put it to a vote? What do you guys think?