Amazing Terrain

PeregrineFalcon

Thank you for bringing this project to our attention. Those are indeed impressive.

I was just at Michael's Crafts looking at a smaller pagoda kit, but, at just around 10" tall, I'm fairly certain it'd be far too small to be usable.

Their other models look fantastic, as well:

http://www.renaissanceminiatures.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Too bad they're not currently available for purchase, as they are putting all of their resources towards the kickstarter at the moment. Gives me plenty of time to save up for them, though.

Yeah Renessance Miniatures is really nice and soon they will have their Medieval Village line (from their first KS) up for sale on their web site. Both these lines use the same modular system and so you could mix walls and roofs with each system. I got the Tavern and Inn but haven't put them together yet since I was going to a con. But the Tavern is like 16"x16" and two levels, while the pagoda has seven floors and will be 18" tall If I remember right. Here is the Well Oiled Tavern.

DSC01317-001.jpg

I think this and the other big building in the Medieval Village line would work well with Malfaux.

-ape2020

It definitely makes me wonder which would be the better investment (as a theoretical exercise): A laser cutter to make awesome terrain like this, or a 3D printer to make awesome models?

Ditto... I know if I had the cash, I'd want them both... and a Robo Cutter for cardstock terrain.

<= Greedy Bastard

Oh, I've considered getting a Robocutter to make downloading World Works kits truly worthwhile. And as some of them (if not all of them) come with the file type supported by robocutters, it'd just be print, pop out, assemble, done.

You and I both speak of the same use, then. Any of the TLX kits except for the modern and sci-fi are great for Malifaux. The Deadfall, Thoumont, and Himmelveil sets are amazing.

They add the a new building Dojo! It will be free to all Magnificate Village pledge and for a limited number $40 then goes up to $60. Here are some pics and it will include the weapon rack and weapons.

EAVReward059.jpg

EAVReward063.jpg

Also more stretch goals announced:

$30,000, every pledge of at least $40 will get a *FREE* Hwacha!

$35,000 we'll also unlock a smaller temple model and several variations of "peasant cottages" at various price points.

$40,000 new color combinations - this will allow you to choose one of several color schemes for the Ronin house, Temple and Pagoda.

-ape2020

You can get the 3D printer for less than the laser cutter.

I haven't priced either, yet, but I'm sure they come in various qualities / levels of capability. The more ya pay, the better and more versatile it becomes.

I know it's completely off topic, but the price levels on the Kickstarter for Wild West Exodus made me feel like if I had that kind of money to pledge, I could just start my own company, with my own 3D printer.

East Asian Village for 28mm Gamers KS just revealed the rapidly approaching $35K stretch goal and its new Japanese style wall/gate, new buildings, exclusive figure, and soon a new pledge level:

The Peasant Village.

Includes: 1 Peasant House, 1 Swordsmith's house, 1 Overseer's house, 1 Potter's house, Enough fence pieces to surround the village - 17 panels (only 8 illustrated above) and a Tori-gateway. Includes four peasant families: all three sets of peasant figurines (4 male, 4 female and 4 children!) $175

EAVReward085.jpg

-ape2020

• 2 weeks later...

Well for the final week they just added a large junk that is very impressive and I thought some here might be interested.

EAVJunk_031.jpg

It's a gigantic model - 20" from stem to stern - a 100' ship in 28mm scale! The main mast towers 13" above the waterline and the beam is 5" at the widest point. Comes with a "dry dock" to help assemble it and like most other models comes pre-painted. Of course it rather easy to repaint if you so desire.

EAVJunk_026.jpg

This shot shows that you can remove the roof of the main cabin and the hatch down into the hold. You can also remove the roof from the sail/rope storage area in the stern:

Soon they will be adding the fishing village but even now you can get the peasant village, docks, and these small ships.

EAVShips001.jpg

Just unlocked the fishing village so I thought I would update this post instead of making a new one.

EAVFishingVillage_000.jpg

The look actually works for more then just Asian style settings and should work well for Malifaux slum dock areas.

-ape2020

Edited by ape2020
added new info.