Vassal GMT +/-1 League

scuttlebut

You guys are being timezone-ist! I'm currently finding our politest lawyer to send over from Canada to sue you guys for discrimination, you'll be sorry!

(p.s. - so there's no way I can get in with GMt-7 and play my games on the weekend?)

(p.p.s. - It's okay, I understand that you Europeans are happy playing the game wrong. If you kids are having fun forcing the square pegs through the circular holes then far be it from me to show you otherwise)

Edited by PandaBearGuy

I would be up for this, but unfortunately, I'm Central American time; -6 GMT. I don't do things in the afternoon past 2:00 (8:00 pm GMT) though, so I *think* my scheduling may work in some circumstances.

If I'm let in (No hard feeling if we don't wanna deal with scheduling :D), I'd be playing Rezzers.

I'm in. I'll start at one but happy to do two if a league has an uneven number.

I've only played one game so bowing to Jon's experience. Due to distance judgement being hard might it be worth ruling people can use aura's whenever? It everyone does it's fair and given the screen I don't think there is any skill in guessing distance like on a table top.

Right-O, thanks to so many people for signing up.

With regards pre-measuring, I will put something in the rules about it being allowed by default. However if BOTH players agree not to use it then they don't have to.

@sunabe - there are quite a few people signed up who've only played 1 or 2 games on Vassal so it wouldn't be a problem if you manage to get a quick demo game in before the leagues start. There's are also a lot of people who are very experienced with Vassal who could help you out.

With regards to the timezones, I apologise to everyone who isn't in GMT +/-1 but I feel it will greatly increase the likelihood of the leagues succeeding if we try and make timezones as small of an issue as possible. We've seen with podcast wars how difficult it can be to arrange games between different timezones.

Just waiting to hear back from a couple of people then I'll get this moving and do the league draws.

Current faction spreads:

Guild 3

Ressers 7

Arcanists 7

Neverborn 4

Outcasts 5

Ten Thunders 4

• 1 month later...