Vassal GMT +/-1 League

scuttlebut

Hi everybody,

I gauged some interest over the past couple of days and have decided to press ahead with setting up a series of malifaux leagues on Vassal. Please read through the

entire post (including the requirements for signing up) before you agree to play.

Basic structure is this:

35ss game on the gaining grounds shared strategies chart

Fixed faction

1 game a fortnight

Leagues containing between 6 and 8 people (depending upon how many entrants sign up they will then be divided into equal groups)

Schemes are unique over 3 games (use Sabotage game 1, cannot use it until game 4)

Deployment type will be standard

If people wish they can enter 2 leagues and thereby be playing 2 games a fortnight. Deciding how many leagues to enter and arranging those games will require a certain

level of maturity but I'm sure that we can all rise to that level.

Round pairings will be sent out by email. They will also be posted on a website. The website will be updated (by me) every fortnight along with updated league tables

and records of the game (who played, what crews, what strategy, what schemes, result).

After every game it will be a players responsibility to email me the result. I would need to know what strategy was played, what crews were used, what schemes were

chosen and what victory points were achieved.

If a game is not played in the fortnight window when it should have been played then the players will have until the end of the following fortnight period to play

that game and their new fixture. Failure to complete both of those games will lead to their suspension from the league.

The league will be scored along the following lines:

Played - number of games played

Win/Draw/Loss - detailing number of results of each

Points - 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss - this will be the first sorting for league position

Victory point differential - the difference in points between yourself and your opponent in each game totalled - second sorting for position

Total VPs - the total amount of vps you have scored in the league - third sorting for league positon

The leagues will conclude after each player in the league has played each other once. We can then discuss any changes that need to be made to the format.

If this sounds like something that would interest you then send me a DM, post below or talk to me on twitter @jdmickleburgh. I will need just your email address and

twitter account details at the moment.

The sign ups for the league will close on the 24rd April and players will then have a week to contact me with their chosen faction choice. The first round of games will begin May 1st.

Requirements for signing up:

A twitter account - this makes it a lot easier to arrange games and allows players to indulge in some "smack talk"

Availabiliy to play 1/2 games a fortnight

Being based in the time zone GMT +/- 1 hour

In the case of disputes, the League Commissioner (me) is the sole authority in running the league, and will be responsible for collecting and collating scores, as well

as providing match ups for each round. The decision of the Commissioner is the final word in disputes between players. Due to the nature of the league, the

Commissioner will not be available at all times for rules disputes so players are expected to resolve any disputes in a fair and equitable way. If no such agreement

can be reached, then players must flip cards for the dispute with the highest flipping player choosing their interpretation of the rule. Both players must then abide

by that decision for the remainder of that game. After the game, details can be relayed to the League Commissioner who will assist in resolving the rules dispute for

future reference. The result of the arbitration will be made available to all players.

Current sign ups:

1. Tigerstyle

2. Leebat

3. Joel

4. OldManMyke

5. AdrianMills

6. NinjaHamster

7. sssk

8. Dumb Luck

9. Daemonkin

10. Station

11. Mephiston

12. Guild Monkee

13. Azathoth

14. Jasksta

15. Barnaberible

16. Seregon

17. TheJudge

18. Balefirestorm

19. GorillaWizard

20. Mike3838

21. DavidKerrSmith

22. Razhem

23. Nepalese_Ninja

24. Boyzie

25. Gorbad

26. LaundryKing

Edited by scuttlebut

I would be up for this. I havent actually played a game on vassal yet but it would be a great way to learn if the rest of you dont mind being patient with me for a few games

I don't think anybody would mind that at all and the reason for the month long sign up period is for people to get comfortable using Vassal. If you can get a couple of games under your belt then you will have learnt all you need to know about Vassel. I'm sure there's enough people here who could give you a demo run-through.

If that sounds ok then ping me your email address and I'll add you to the sign ups.

As we're now approaching the magic number to move into two leagues I'd like to sign up twice please Mr League Commissioner. I'll be running Neverborn in one and 10 Thunders in the second.

After the difficulties with the worldwide league run by Tharen I hope this can work out. Maybe if a similar one(s) were set up in the USA (and one around the Australia timezone) we could have a (real) world series at the end of the year!

Edited by Station
typo

As we're now approaching the magic number to move into two leagues I'd like to sign up twice please Mr League Commisione. I'll be running Neverborn in one and 10 Thunders in the second.

I'm guessing some of the people who have already signed up will want to do the same. I'll get preferences when I email everybody once the sign up period has finished.

After the difficulties with the worldwide league run by Tharen I hope this can work out. Maybe if a similar one(s) were set up in the USA (and one around the Australia timezone) we could have a (real) world series at the end of the year!

I had a feeling the time zone differences played a large part in the difficulties experienced by Tharen. That was the only reason that I decided to keep this to roughly GMT. It would be fantastic to have an international league, however due to people's lives and different time zones it seems highly improbable it could work.

A world series would be awesome and assuming this gets off the ground, (given the 9 sign ups in 5 hours I don't see why not), I can't imagine that not happening :)

Wondering if the strategies are going to be set per week but the 'Commissioner' or unique individual Gaining Grounds per league rotation (and if you both have the same it becomes shared as per usual). For me the game plays better if you're not always going for the same thing, it's one of the features that set's Malifaux apart form other games and keeps this different from a tournament.

I'd be interested in running through multiple rounds of the league so you get to play the same people over but using different strategies and/or Masters & crews.

What are other peoples views?

What's the hashtag going to be?

I don't think anybody would mind that at all and the reason for the month long sign up period is for people to get comfortable using Vassal. If you can get a couple of games under your belt then you will have learnt all you need to know about Vassel. I'm sure there's enough people here who could give you a demo run-through.

If that sounds ok then ping me your email address and I'll add you to the sign ups.

Ok cool. I am in and I will also be interested in playing in two leagues if possible.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And theJudge can get a quick game in with (assuming no more power cuts!)

Sounds good dude. Lets set something up.