'Dita

Abuela-7

Nino-8

Santiago-7

Guild rifleman-4

Guild rifleman-4

Guild rifleman-4

only leaves me a 4 cache but meh.

hopefully with proper spacing i can companion activate everything and shoot what needs to be shot before they get in my face.

was thinking of taking Francisco instead of Nino for a counter charge unit, but nino is just nuts.

Schemes prolly go with hold out and bodyguard, maybe raid, or something when i see it.

i would prolly take this list with distract contain power, possibly treasure hunt.

again just food for thought.

Situational. Probably not competitive.

IMO Malifaux is more melee than shooting. There is only one exception that proves the rule......the Gremlin 'Aim High' ability. Other than that, once a model is engaged in melee, you can't shoot at it or you risk hitting your own - and most shooters can no longer shoot once engaged (barring a few 'Gunfighters' out there).

Shooting should support melee, not the other way around. A good player will quickly reduce the effectiveness of, or even completely neuter, an all-shooty crew.

Nino is 7 not 8 for cost. The problem with your list is barring dita you have no backup (melee hitter) plan when an opponent closes with you. That being said dita is a balanced option due to gunfighter but she can't be everywhere at once.

Riflemen I don't know, people have said they like them on the boards but to me they suffer from the same problem that wastrels face in that they have no defense. Once something gets into them they die. Or a high # of crews nowadays have access to lures so they can just pull one into the gaping mouth of a melee hitter so they can be piece mealed over 1-2 turns to corpses.

Nino can be avoided by smart placement by an opponent. Then you have to obey him into place at the cost of a mask which all off the above models use (nino, santi, dita, abuela). You are pretty much mask starved with this crew in that if you don't flip a good mask or cheat one in they are really lacking for options. Grandma while cool is pretty much a much worse totem and costs 350% more than the neph does. Hopefully she gets a look at in malifaux redux.

Nino seems really good at first when you play but like samuel hopkins suffers once your playgroup gets hip to him. Also with him his damage mainly revolves around a headshot trigger but if your opponents keep trash cards he will rarely drop anyone other than a cheap model (nino spounge). Also santiago is so much better at finding masks due to paired he can reliably pull of trigger happy without help from hand in most cases. As well as having rapid fire plus crit strike built into his peacebringers he can actually hit something for more than weak (2 damage in this case).

Also outside of dita who is needed for melee cleanup duty you have nothing in your list that can actually grab vp's reliably without first needing your opponent tabled first. If you just using this list for fun it doesn't matter but if you want it to do reasonably well in any strat except maybe slaughter/claim jump I think you will struggle.